• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Objects Placement

Messages
15
Country
unitedstates
Ok, I can succesfully get an object into Flight Simulator. However, how to I figure out the heading. When I place it at a heading of 0 it always faces some other direction. Whats the trick?
Thanks,
Wes
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

In general a heading of zero means that the Y axis as shown in GMax will be facing north. Or are you using some special tweak object or so?
 
Arno, Thank you for the reply.
No I am not using any special tweaks that I know of. O found that if I want to place something say at 100 degrees, I would add 20 on to that. If I add 20 onto whatever heading I want it then works fine. I am not rotating anything weird in GMAX so I really dont know the issue. So for now I just add 20 and it is ok. However, if there is a proper way to do it, I would not mind changing my ways to do it right.
Thanks,
Wes
 
Could it be that you are placing them far up north, so that you have a big magnetic variation? In that case there is a different between your magnetic heading and your geographic heading. This could be up to 20 degrees on some places of the globe.
 
Yes, exactly. I am placing my gates in Washington State at SEATAC airport. This would make since. I never even thought about that. :banghead:
Thanks,
Arno
 
Back
Top