• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Odd problem reduncing keys - 3Dmax.

Messages
138
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi all,

I'm creating a moving wheel in 3Dmax. If I export right away, FSX behave exactly as in 3D max, the wheel spins at right speed, but if I reduce the keys (curve editor), the moviment in 3D max is right, but FSX gives odd behavior, like the wheel stopping suddenly. Anyone already faced a problem like that?


I get the wheel moviment from a function and can't use a low keyframe convertion becouse the key curve of the wheel change directions and the rotation change it too. This is another problem.

Help!!
 
Make sure that your Animation Controller is Linear Rotation. If not, change it to that.

Otherwise, FSX just requires a certain number of keyframes or it will misbehave. So you may need those extra keyframes...
 
Make sure that your Animation Controller is Linear Rotation. If not, change it to that.

Otherwise, FSX just requires a certain number of keyframes or it will misbehave. So you may need those extra keyframes...

Hi Tgibson

You mean in the curve editor "set tangents to linear"?
 
Think I've found. Assign Controller > Linear Rotation.

Well, now 3DS behave just like FSX. LOL. But I think this is the direction to find a solution!
 
Just remember when beginning a new Max project to set the controller(s) to Linear and "make them default" for the rest of the project! :D
 
Hi, N4gix

The problem is, when I set to linear rotation, I can't edit the keys in curve editor. I have to edit this because I'm getting the movement from an expression and depending the range of the samples of the collapse to keys, the wheel moves backwards and I have to correct this in the curve editor! Any ideas?
 
Linear is the only Controller supported by FS - you will usually have to end up with simple keyframes controlled by the Linear Rotation and/or Linear Position controllers... You *can* use Bones (IK?) in FSX (not in FS9).

Hope this helps,
 
Back
Top