• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

overlay airports problem

Messages
5,214
Hi Jon,

Encountered a very disturbing fact about this 1.60 beta version, namely that when an overlay airport consisting only of an ARP and an apron link, ADE does not save the apron link/path. It compiles alright but the link is not there (not in the bgl, not in the ad3 and not in the xml).
This would mean there is no way any longer to make "ocean flattens" to keep the water down for instance when making a static aircraft carrier.
I hope it has nothing to do with the gp_ade addon and its latest option for choosing compile parameters.

Roby
 
I hope it has nothing to do with the gp_ade addon and its latest option for choosing compile parameters.

It is unlikely to be the GP Editor, you don't have any GP objects.

I found that I couldn't create a new airport at all in ADE 1.6.
 
I hope it has nothing to do with the gp_ade addon and its latest option for choosing compile parameters.
Me too!!!

ADE_GP generates a file named ADE_GP.bgl and places it in the scenery folder designated during the compile directive. I doubt that such a file exists for your overlay airport. But, if it does, deleting it will remove all effects of ADE_GP from the airport

Otherwise, ADE_GP has no influence on what ADE saves or processes beyond returning gp-related data for gp objects.

Don
 
Hi Don, hi George,

Well, I did not think so either that it had anyhing to do with the gp-editor but just wanted to make sure by mentioning it.
I have not tried making a new airport yet, George, just this overlay to prove your method of keeping the water down.
Will try to make a new airport to corroborate (hope this is the right word:)) your findings.
For Don: terribly sorry, but unfortunately and for the moment, I have not been able to find anymore quirks when using your latest 0.0. 95:D though for you there is still George and Tom a.o. to take into account:),

Roby
 
Hi George,

Well, I did make an additional airport (EBOH): a helipad close to EBOS and it worked all right. But what I noticed is that you have to check/change the major/minor version or something of the kind!!! Both are set 0 as default.
The outcome is not as I would have expected but that may be as a consequence of my rapidly adding it without taking flattens and stuff into account.
If you happen to have a photoreal of the EBOS area, this is where I put my heli airport (ad3 attached for testing).

Roby
 

Attachments

Hi,

I solved the problem by first drawing a taxi link and an apron link. I saved, reopened and deleted the taxi link.
That way the airport compiled with the apron link included.
I still think it is something Jon should have a look at also because of George's problem in making a new airport and because I get the error message that the 'Objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld' that can be translated more or less like: the object reference is not set to an object (or something of the kind).

Roby
 
Last edited:
Back
Top