• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Photo tile question (solved)

Messages
13
Country
denmark
Hi

Have previously made VTP tiles using SB9 but am now attempting to use resample to create a small area where I can both keep the textures away from scenery\world\texture and use annotator.

As a trial, I made an .inf for a single tile with summer only texture and compiled it with resample, which creates an appropriately named bmp (with no black borders) and a BGL which are now installed in an activated folder, but I cant get the tile to show in FS. I have tried both the 2000 and 2004 versions of resample.

Am I missing something simple, or is it just one of those things that doesn't work.

Thanks, if there are still any 2004 guys left out there.
 
Hi,

You put the bgl and the textures in the active scenery folder?

Maybe you can show us the inf file, most likely the mistake is in there.
 
As I recall, you need at least a 2x2 tile block for the sim to show the image when compiling with resample. A single tile will not work... then you need to use VTP ( remember to flip the tile vertically ).

Dick
 
As I recall, you need at least a 2x2 tile block for the sim to show the image when compiling with resample. A single tile will not work...
Ah, that may well be it then. I am pretty sure that my inf file is OK, and yes both the BGL and BMP are in the right place. Thanks will try with more tiles.
 
Back
Top