• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Photosceneries and Autogen Packages for the world

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Good morning everyone!

There has been no news from me for some time. That is simply because I am still working on Spain.
I have now decided to publish the individual Comunidades Autónomas one by one.
This way, everyone can decide for themselves which regions they want to have.

The first region will be Andalucia - I hope that Andalucia will be ready by the end of next week!

To keep the file sizes as small as possible, I also decided not to create the whole of Spain with 1 m/px - this would have made the whole of Spain about 300 GB in size.
Instead, I will create sparsely populated areas with only 4 m/px, and areas without larger cities with only 2 m/px. This may not sound like much, but it should be enough.
In return, important cities and large airports will be equipped with much higher resolution images, currently I am planning 50 cm/px.

All in all, the whole of Andalusia should not need more than 12 GB of storage space.

Calculated for the whole of Spain, I will then have a file size of approx. 70-75 GB.

Of course, the autogen is created for the whole of Spain with the highest possible accuracy!
Furthermore, I will also release the autogen as usual individually, so that other photosceneries can also be used!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures available today. That's it from me again at this point...

Then I wish you all a nice weekend!

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Dear all!

Today, I made the first previews of Andalucia, as it will look like when it is released.
I am pretty happy how it looks!
2021-5-9_17-37-52-20hjjdt.png

2021-5-9_17-38-29-412v7kop.png

2021-5-9_17-40-31-7204ajth.png

2021-5-9_17-42-48-8684xkyl.png

2021-5-9_17-44-29-701kokof.png

2021-5-9_17-44-44-919l1k4b.png

2021-5-9_17-47-22-161slkoo.png

2021-5-9_17-48-25-771okk6y.png

So, as shown here, Analdusia only needs 14 GB of hard disk space.
Furthermore, it includes 50 cm Orthophotos for Malaga, and up to 15 cm/px Orthophotos for Granada, Sevilla and Jerez de la Fronterra.

Country
netherlands
The Spanish photoscenery is amazing... The coloring is so vivid love the mixture of dry fields and green, rolling hills. Great job!

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
While Spain nears completion, I have a few "tech demonstration" images with me today, namely from the very large Russia.
Russia is more than far away from a release - with these pictures I just want to show what is possible even in countries that do not provide the best data basis:

index.php

07c134075c96e52bf4162bdb985f7f4e6168db89.png

b0e8d390c42fe75053568b87fbd425bb9f97bb22.png