• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Placing trees along a line

Messages
3,278
Country
spain
How to plant trees in rows, agn trees and to be posible to adjust space and orientation. I know Scenproc could do that, but someone could post a script or txt file for this task.

EDIT: I found this It could help to plant trees
PLACEPOINTSALONGLINE | FTYPE = LINE; highway = secondary | 150 | 5 | type | light | hdg
CREATEAGNLIBOBJ | FTYPE = POINT, type = light | {0017a263-464f-14fd-f77f-2996fed44864} | hdg | 6; 6
 
Last edited:
Hi,

In the latest scenproc versions you can have a random offset between points as well for more variation.

What I do myself is not use the autogen library objects for trees. I use a autogen rectangular vegetation around each point feature. That works fine as well and gives nice autogen trees.
 
What I wanted is trees in rows, like in the city avenues. I guess you are referring to vegetation with polygons.it should be with points inside polygon, I read something about this, I will take note. As can be seen I not get the concepts enough. I guess the method would be good for áreas where the density of trees should be greater.
 
Hi,

No, I have also used it to place trees in lines, along roads or rivers. Basically I create a very small vegetation rectangle for each individual point feature. Work well.

I'm on my ipad now, but I'll post my scenproc configuration for this later.
 
Hi Arno, all right. by the way, I am trying lo place power towers, having a points shapefile, I got to export, but not be able to see the objects, I checked with annotator, it say the the guid can't be found. I took the objects from autogen.bgl, and hazard.bgl they are the only power tower in fsx ("ag_highpower", and "gen_power01"). I think.
Making progress but painfully.
 
Hi,

You need to use the guid of the autogen class from default.xml when placing library objects in autogen, not the object guid.

Else you need to place them through bgl files.
 
Solved, the drawback is that a lot of Bgl files are created. but work. I see right now what you say about the tree rows. thanks for the advicesl.
What I have to learn is how to get a vegetation with a Little more density in certain áreas. though I don't want to load too much the simulator :confused:
 
Hi,

If you place bgl objects, you don't have to use the splitgrid with the AGN grid size of course. So you can use a bigger grid size or don't split at all. That will give less bgl files.
 
yea, sorry I use the same config file for all the placements, very lazy, yes I have suspicions on the splitgrid command.
 
Back
Top