• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

PLEASE HELP

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello,

I have some issues:

Firstly i want to change the airport "ENFB" to "ENGM" without having to do it manually (I Am using fs2004) Is this possible? i have tried the reroute but i get "the offset time is not set for ENFB".

secondly i have some flight plans that do not include airports is there anyways for the software to detect the next best one in the sim?

Kindest regards

jovic

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Firstly i want to change the airport "ENFB" to "ENGM" without having to do it manually (I Am using fs2004) Is this possible? i have tried the reroute but i get "the offset time is not set for ENFB"
Not that I know of. Add an Add-on airport

I have some flight plans that do not include airports is there anyways for the software to detect the next best one in the sim?
If the flight plan doesn't include airports, why do you call it a flight plan? In any case, there's no "next best one" known to AIFP.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jovic, AIFP includes a feature named Alternate ICAO. The intent of that feature is to re-route AI traffic from no-longer-existing airports to their more modern replacements.

Reading between the lines of your various posts, it appears you are attempting to use post-FS9 flight plans (that use the newer airports) with FS9 (in which those airports and others do not exist).

So use Alternate ICAOs in reverse. Using the post-FS9 flight plan, designate the old airport as the alternate ICAO for the newer one. As for other airports non-existent in FS9, about all you can do is delete those legs from the flight plan.

Hope this helps.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
BTW, doing this manually is not too difficult.

1. Load the BGL file into AIFP.
2. Save as a file set (text files).
3. Open the flightplan.txt file with Wordpad (faster than Notepad on large files).
4. Use Edit./Replace to replace all ENFB with ENGM. If you use Replace All, it's one click.
5. Save the file, say yes to Text-Only.
6. Load the text files into AIFP.
7. Compile to a BGL file.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the suggestions, Tom. Hopefully, Jovic will find it helpful.

Country
unitedkingdom
Just tried this out now and its perfect just need to work out all the airports now but this is a MASSIVE HELP. im doing the project 1998 pack for fs2004 :)

thanks all for the help :)

Country
austria
Test it, among other things you can search for the next airport from your position.
name is: destfn.zip

Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you all for the help its been great so far. hope your all keeping well and safe.