• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Probably the most basic question...

Messages
15
I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, but I have been trying out Gmax for the very first time and after a couple of hours or reading the tutorial, user guide, and threads I still don't have a clue on how to do this:

How can I connect to two vertexes with a line? What command? I assume that makes an "edge" or create a new "face"?. I keep trying to use it like AFCAD nodes and simple dragging a line the like but I guess they are Very different.

I am following the 2002 tutorial on how to make a simple house. All went flawlessly until one of the rooflines is missing.

thanks for helping the newest of the new :(
 
Why be embarrased? I work a lot (relatively) with GMax and don't know if that's possible. I help myself by collapsing both vertices and slice or split the edge afterwards.
But I'm sure, someone could give a better tip for this.
 
Hi,

When working with GMax the philosophy is not really to define some points and then link them up with lines. I think the easiest way to draw a line is to just use the line tool. There is no need to define the vertices first, as they will be added when needed (or you can snap to existing ones).

But I must say that I hardly ever use lines in GMax. I usually start with one of the basic shapes (box, cylinder, etc) and then edit it till I get the shape I want.
 
Back
Top