• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Pylon on my runway

Messages
1,043
Country
us-northcarolina
I'm going to make a fool of myself since I don't know/forgot the terminology. I have a pylon and a street sign right in the middle of my new runway. If I recall those are generated from 'vectors'? So where do I find them, how do I modify them to remove the obstruction?

Thanks,
Patrick (aka Frenchie)
 
Then you could try an exclusion rectangle set to exclude all in ADE9 covering the area of the pylon etc. Try to stay away from overlapping any other objects or signs. This sometimes works in FS9 and excludes some types of autogen such as trees.

If it does not work then I think you will need to use something like SBuilder. ADE for FSX can handle terrain elements but we can't do it in ADE for FS9 at this time.
 
I have tried a small exclusion rectangle, didn't work, then a bigger one, then a huge one and that damn pylon and sign are still laughing at me at the beginning of my new runway :rolleyes:

I know there is a way to create lines of objects or rivers and such, not sure if it's called poly vectors, I just can't remember how and where it's handled.

Patrick
 
You will probably need to use SBuilder to do the job properly then.
 
I finally got LWMviewer and Sbuilder to run on my Win 7-64 system (a nightmare). I see in Sbuilder program and help references to VTP...good thing now the question is how do I go about removing one from an airport (a road line). It doesn't seem it's possible to load a bgl in the program so...I'm lost? I asked on the ptsim forum but that forum is dead, I don't think even the admin logs in anymore.

Can you help, pretty please?
Thanks
 
Last edited:
I don't use FS9, but can't you use an exclude switch in your scenery area?
 
Hey Georges,

Good idea and that's what first came to my mind so I created a little exclusion around that dangit pole and that didn't work.
So I created a larger exclusion and that didn't work either.
Soooo I created a very large exclusion and that didn't work either.

I'm going to venture in unknown terrain to me and tell you what I understand about it. Trees, houses, etc. are autogene, you cover them up with an exclusion and bye bye they are gone.

Those road signs and light poles are attached to a road created using VTP (polygons). It's my understanding they are part of the terrain (sort of). They are the same technique used to create streams and rivers. So I don't think exclusions will work on that. And even if they did, the dangit road might be 10 miles long and the exclusion would cover around 100 square miles...just to remove that stupid sign :)
 
I don't mean an exclusion rectangle, I mean an Exclude switch in the scenery.cfg, eg.

[Area.100]
Group=Your Area
ID=Your Area
Title=Your Area
Active=TRUE
Layer=100
Local=C:\Your Area
Exclude=N45 30,W120,N45,W119 30,objects
 
Well you got me by surprise. I had no idea we could do that.

So layer 100 is exclusively VTP's?
What would be 'objects'?
 
So layer 100 is exclusively VTP's?

No, Layer is the scenery layer given when you added the scenery area to the Scenery Library.

What would be 'objects'?

Well, as I said, I don't use FS9 but I am assuming that "objects" include pylons.

Why don't you look in the SDK document Terrain Config File.doc
 
You might want to include the ariirrt ID or the lat-long, so someone else could actually decipher what your writing about. Attaching a zipped file with all your problem files would also help, and include a saved FLT, so we can just load that to instantly see the problem............
 
Yes Sir...here it is...

5L.jpg

View attachment KGSO_5l.zip
 
The autogen is tied to the road. Exclude the road line and the autogen disappears.
 
YESSSSSSSSSSS...they are gone.
In Sbuilder, I opened the RR926190.bgl and simply move the road (VTP) out of the way, compiled, replaced the file and the stinky poles are gone.

A huge thank you to Guenther that provided me with the pdf 'airport background tutorial'...now that's a tutorial...wow!

Now the question is...why do I get 2 roads ? :D

2 roads.jpg
 
Back
Top