• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Re: GMAPS

Country
vaticancity
Great! ... because projection is same as many other progs so can use those images in VTBuilder free program as well...

BUT Rhumba... go to the site and pan around... Luis has a bug... tiles are not lining up... look

Oops.jpg

I've never seen a problem with the tiles not aligning.

Luis' code is pretty standard across GE, VE and Yahoo. A complaint I found that needed correction is that the enlarged 'Window' display was draggable, and that would throw off the boundries on the base page. I made a version that cannot drag about to solve the problem:

Rhumba gmaps

Also there is a downloadable javascript version that can run in your browser, not needing access to my site. Luis' version uses ASP, and cannot be run from the browser without a home server... :

RhumbaMaps

You can play about with the code, and see if there are improvements to be made, or use it as a basis for your own custom imagery.

Dick

No Rhumba...

I didnt download it... just had a look at it... that image is a posting from this link...

http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.htm

Pan around... you'll see it...

OK... I see what it is... Java script is not compat across all browsers... a typical issue with JavaScript... MS JScript not quite the same as the rest of the world... In the OPERA browser in one tile the road is east west... in the next its N-S... a mess...

I use Opera most of the time and have never seen that in Google Maps... so Luis doesn't know you have to test on all browsers... oops

Luis is a Microsoft man... ha ha

Last edited:
I use Opera most of the time and have never seen that in Google Maps... so Luis doesn't know you have to test on all browsers... oops

Luis is a Microsoft man... ha ha[/COLOR]

Hello CrashTestDummy,

I visit this forum today and was very pleased to know about the discussions on GMaps ... and about your Tool to trace coastlines out of DEM files. I had to do that myself some years ago when making Portugal Terrain and that is why I add things to SBuilder like the support for a digitizing tablet ... actually I started hating the right mouse button for about one year. Now I forgot it and I do not mind to make clicks with the mouse again... ha ha

About the browsers I use Firefox but, when testing things for the web, I also use IE. Fortunately Rhumba made a version that solves some of the reported problems.

Best Regards, Luis

Back