• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Reading Cockpit Camera Position/offset

Country
australia
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to read the camera position when in the cockpit view mode, or the offset of the camera from default view (xyz)? There are some camera simvars vaguely mentioned in the SDK but no real information is provided.

I'd like to read the 'head' position of the pilot in VR & non-VR in an aircraft, with the intention of updating an Lvar when the pilots 'head' is outside the airframe so I can pass this on to Wwise & adjust the wind sound accordingly. I'm working primarily in C++ with the Gauges API (wasm) & SimConnect if required. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Country
unitedstates
Did you ever have any luck with that? I'm trying to do the same. Seems like the simvars listed are only the eyepoint position defined in the CFG, not real time.

I think I may have some ideas about this. I was looking deeper into input events to understand how they work, and there is a way to bind to any of the sim events and read the raw value. This could mean that we can read EYEPOINT_UP, EYEPOINT_DOWN, etc. when they change. That by itself is useful, but not the entire solution because it still does not seem possible to simply read the value of the camera position from a simvar. If I can get a example working, I'll post it.

Country
unitedstates
That’s genius. And it could be the full solution. Just bind the LEFT and RIGHT values and store them in one double, and same with FORWARD and BACK. How do we read values from an event? And I’m wondering if this is the same eye point in VR…