• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SAMM Freeze on opening

Country
us-colorado
Had it working ounce but was having issues trying to get it to work with Flight 1 instant scenery (no show on textures). Well the textures would show if that was the aircraft I was flying.

Anyway I made a copy of the org aircraft removing all files except the CFG, Mdl folder and texture folder and moved it to a special folder fs9/ Addon scenery/static aircraft/T6 Texan. then re-cfg SAMM to point that folder as the aircraft folder. Compile generated XML errors as I attempted to save bgl to Flight 1 instant scenery Scenery folder.

I messed around for about a hour then deleted ALL SAMM files and reinstalled.
SAMM just Freeze on opening.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I thought I would get everything down.
gdr1944

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
When you say it freezes on opening, what do you see?

Try deleting SAMM.ini. As well, the file Ionic.zip.reduced.dll must be in the folder.

Don

Country
us-colorado
Fresh download
samm1000.zip

when opening SAMM two SAMM's appear on my bar one titled "Static Aircraft.mdl Maker - Version 1.0.00" and a second one titled "Aircraft.mdl Maker"

No SAMM.ini
No Ionic.zip.reduced.dll

gdr1944

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
As I said before, Ionic.zip.reduced .dll must be in the SAMM folder.

The second item in the task bar is SAMM checking for an update - a process it can't complete because Ionic.zip.reduced.dll is missing.

Don

Country
us-colorado
Just now downloaded Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll

I found SAMM1004.zip and un-packed

still no *.ini
no change

cleaned out all temp and recent used files

Country
us-colorado
Looked in recycle bin found oldest SAMM.ini that worked.
Ok I now have v1.0.04 working

Don't know why new install did not take

going to follow your tut on making a aircraft library.

Thanks for fast replys

Gerry Reid

Country
us-colorado
I just processed one aircraft and saved the bgl to my Flight1 scenery and texture folder. I ran FS9/F1ISv2 and you guessed it no aircraft.

When I activate the option "Libraries not available in this area" the aircraft is on the list but not visible.

Sorry I really tried to get it right but I can't get that aircraft to show up.

But that's whats usually happens with me, I just don't seem to interpret the info
to get the results I want.

Sooo. How do I fix it.
Gerry Reid

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Gerry, I don't use IS very much. So maybe someone else will jump in.

But, what you might try is to place your aircraft with the SAMM placement facility as a test to confirm that you do have a static model that is at least sometimes visible.

Don

Country
us-colorado
OK.. I know I'm close its just that one little thing .

Hey isn't this suppose to make a XML file.

Yes. I placed the aircraft using "Save bgl file"

There has to be a way to make it a Flight1 IS2 object.

Thanks

Ill work on this tomorrow and if I figger it out Ill let you know.

Thanks.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The .xml file is saved with the model, as is a copy of the .bgl.

Someone else will have to help you with IS2.

Don