- Messages
- 687
- Country

I went searching for information on using the USGS server to download imagery for use in doing photoreal airports and came across what I thought was going to be the perfect tutorial. This was done by Prof John Hocking who relates the use of SBX to download the needed location imagery, performing the adjustments needed for seasonal and night textures, plus blur masks and water masks. Finally relating how to compile all the necessary layers into the final photo01.bgl file that SBX compiles. Up to that point it wasn't anything I didn't already know and use. . .but then he threw me completely when he started talking about dumping the photo01.bgl file, but using the photo01.inf file, editing that to include the information in the photoreal images text file and then dropping that onto the resample tool to produce. . .yet another. . .bgl file. Why the repetition in compiling. It's doing the same function twice. . .why in the world would you do that? made no sense to me at all. Can someone explain the redundancy?



