• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDK in non-deluxe?

Messages
7
Country
ca-novascotia
Hey again, second post here and my second question. I'll contribute something eventually, really.

If your main FSX install is the standard version and you later purchase the Deluxe version with the SDK, can you just install the SDK as is, or do you have to install the entire Deluxe package? I'm really hoping the SDK alone will do the trick, as I really don't like the thought of having to reinstall my (now nicely set up) FSX standard install.

Thanks,
datter
http://finaldog.com/
 
Hi,

I think you should be able to install the SDK. The SDK does not get installed directly into FSX, it is more a collection of tools and documents that help you in creating addons.
 
The SDK that comes on the Accel disk is just an update correct? I tried to install that once but it told me I need deluxe... hoping that if I install the SDK from the deluxe CD, then update it to my Accel version I'll be good to go without having to do a full reinstall. That would be a deal breaker.
 
You indeed need the initial SDK from the Deluxe disk. But if you have standard installed, I don't believe you need to replace your FSX installation. Just install the base SDK from the Deluxe disk and then update it.
 
There's also a version of the SP1A SDK on the Acceleration disk that can be installed before installing the Acceleration SDK (for those that had FSX Standard and then bought Acceleration) - why we just didn't make the Acceleration SDK install without any prior one, I don't know :->
 
There's also a version of the SP1A SDK on the Acceleration disk that can be installed before installing the Acceleration SDK (for those that had FSX Standard and then bought Acceleration) - why we just didn't make the Acceleration SDK install without any prior one, I don't know :->

Excellent, thank you.
 
Back
Top