• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDK INSTALLALATION

Messages
13
Country
us-southcarolina
I have tried everything on this forum to get ADE V1.65 to work on my computer and about to give up. I keep getting error message ADE CANNOT FIND THE BGL COMPILER when installing ADE.

I have all of the following installed on my computer.

1. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
2. Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe with both service packs installed and the SDK
3. latest paid version of FSUIPC for FSX
4. latest version of MSXML
5. latest version of Microsoft dotNET Framwork

What could I possibly be doing wrong?
 
Have you actually installed the SDK? It does not install automatically with FSX. In any case please send me the log: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive...8/l/263713-how-do-i-send-you-the-ade-log-1-65 so that I can check what it going on. Please make reference to this thread in the comments when you send the log so I know which one it is.
Have you actually installed the SDK? It does not install automatically with FSX. In any case please send me the log: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive...8/l/263713-how-do-i-send-you-the-ade-log-1-65 so that I can check what it going on. Please make reference to this thread in the comments when you send the log so I know which one it is.

Yes I have actually installed the SDK and also sent you the log.
 
I have the log and here is the problem:

[PATHS]
FsPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
FsxCompilerPath=
FsxShp2VecPath=
SaveProjectFolderPath=C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\FSX\Projects
CompileFolderPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery
XmlFolderPath=C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\FSX\Xml
LastProject=C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\FSX\Projects\8S5_ADEX_GI.ad4

The entries for FsxCompilerPath and FsxShp2VecPath are empty so ADE does not know where they are . Please go to Settings > Options > Folders Tab and click the Find button. If the SDK is properly installed then the boxes for the two compiler paths should fill with the correct locations. If they don't then there is a problem with the SDK installation. If they do then save the changes and you should be able to compile
 
As you instructed I went to Settings>Options>Folders Tab and clicked on the find button. The two boxes for the compiler paths did not fill in. Should I try to reinstall the FSX SDK?
 
I think you should re-install the FSX SDK. If ADE can't find it then it means there is an issue with the registry entries. Hopefully that will work. If not then there is a manual backup method we can try.
 
After reinstalling the FSX SDK, FSX will not start, it goes to the opening screen then I get error message saying MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X HAS STOPPED WORKING A PROBLEM CAUSED THE PROGRAM TO STOP WORKING CORRECTLY I deleted the SDK and now FSX will start and run OK.
 
With no replies to my above reply, I guess there is no solution to my FSX/SDK installation problem.
 
There's some exhaustive information on installing the sdk for FSX in the Wiki. You might look there.
 
With no replies to my above reply, I guess there is no solution to my FSX/SDK installation problem.
With all respect, something you did was obviously incorrect. Since literally thousands of people have successfully installed the SDK and not run into the problem(s) you are reporting, without a lot more information on just what you have done there's not much anyone can offer in the way of advice.
 
Bill thanks for your reply. I have tried everything that Scruffyduck and the WIKI has suggested with no joy.

By the way Bill I still use your Eaglesoft hanger placement tool in FS9. It is a masterpiece
 
Back
Top