• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Seasonal textures

Messages
221
Country
unitedstates
I am placing autogen trees using ADE and the Forest Placement Tool but I notice the trees I place are not changing with the seasons. I notice in ADE there are several trees listed for a given size and type. One for each season and then one that doesn't list a season. I picked the one without a season in ADE. How do I select autogen trees that will change with the season? It looks kind of funny now with fall foliage on all the trees except the ones I placed. Thanks in advance for the help.
 
The above methods you reported using involve placement of vegetation scenery library objects via BGLComp-XML-type BGLs; this method does not allow the FS rendering engine to swap seasonal textures. :alert:

In order to have textures for 3D vegetation objects change with the seasons, one must instead use placement of scenery library objects via Autogen-XML-type *an.agn files created via FS / P3D Autogen SDK compiler. :pushpin:

[EDITED]

Autogen-XML-type *an.agn files must be within a:

* \Texture sub-folder paired with a local:

* \Scenery sub-folder that contains the custom photo-real aerial imagery land class BGL that the Autogen objects are mapped to


Both of the above local paired sub-folders must be contained within a:

* Top-folder chain linked to a 'active' Area layer in the FS Scenery Library GUI stack of layers.

[END_EDIT]


If using only small areas of custom photo-real aerial imagery, one may wish to use the FS / P3D Autogen SDK Annotator utility.


For larger areas, one may wish to use ScenProc with either downloaded OSM data, or via vegetation detection and autogen vegetation object placement derived from processing GeoTIFFs of the source data used to create one's custom photo-real aerial imagery. :wizard:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/scenproc.131/


GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Gary, I am trying to use the annotator utility as this is just a small area around a small airport. I can create the .agn files and it is my understanding that I am to place those in the texture folder of the airport that I am working on but it doesn't appear that the autogen is actually there when I go to the sim.
 
Okay maybe they are. On my development computer I had autogen turned down quite a bit. I turned that up and now I see additional trees. Thanks again for all the help Gary.
 
Back
Top