• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Sikorsky S92 (FS9/FSX)

Country
unitedstates
Hi all,

Just a quick question, why has nobody ever thought to make this beast? The S92 is surely numerous enough now to have been considered for FS9 or FSX? There was a half decent one releasd for FS2002 & FS9 had a poor one, im just suprised nobody ever thought to make this even when you consider how many now are in use on oil rigs & in SAR such as the Irish & UK Coastguard fleet, even more so now that the new Marine One will be an S92 :) Just thought id ask is all :)

The one for X-plane is truly impressive BUT im FS9 til I die !

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
They have, it's actually not possible. If you Google "FSX S92," you'll come up with a litany of posts at various forums, all by someone with a similar demeanor and identical screen name to you. What happens next, is that the developers collectively look at each other, figuratively speaking of course - and conclude, virtually unanimously, that one of them has commenced, based on this suggestion. Since we rarely collaborate and never directly compete, by design, the ultimate result is that no projects get started.

It's too bad, I'd just started work on mine, but then this post rolled in, so now I'll have to stop and wait to see if a really good developer is going to make mine worthless.

Country
unitedstates
They have, it's actually not possible. If you Google "FSX S92," you'll come up with a litany of posts at various forums, all by someone with a similar demeanor and identical screen name to you. What happens next, is that the developers collectively look at each other, figuratively speaking of course - and conclude, virtually unanimously, that one of them has commenced, based on this suggestion. Since we rarely collaborate and never directly compete, by design, the ultimate result is that no projects get started.

It's too bad, I'd just started work on mine, but then this post rolled in, so now I'll have to stop and wait to see if a really good developer is going to make mine worthless.
Funny guy. Nothing wrong with asking. It’s ok, you can restart now.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Sure, I'll start on one right now and have it ready tomorrow. At least a hundred polys per rivet, changes in hydraulic pressure due to ambient moisture simulated, that bug in the EFIS software that was fixed in update 4.22.2015 so that you can mix and match between different avionics packages and a winch power simulation which will consider loss of bodily fluids in the winched person due to rotor-induced turbulence. Compatibility will range from FS2002 to P3D to FS2020.
The model will of course be paybackware, which means that I will pay users to use it because I'm so bloody glad to finally have a challenging project.

Country
unitedstates
Sure, I'll start on one right now and have it ready tomorrow. At least a hundred polys per rivet, changes in hydraulic pressure due to ambient moisture simulated, that bug in the EFIS software that was fixed in update 4.22.2015 so that you can mix and match between different avionics packages and a winch power simulation which will consider loss of bodily fluids in the winched person due to rotor-induced turbulence. Compatibility will range from FS2002 to P3D to FS2020.
The model will of course be paybackware, which means that I will pay users to use it because I'm so bloody glad to finally have a challenging project.
Awesome dude, cowabunga.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Untitled.jpg

There it is. Note how I went even more overboard with the detailing.

And here's your usage incentive:

Currencytutorial2f.jpg

Pleasure doing business with you, sir! My life finally had a purpose these near past 24 hours!

REAL TALK:

First, you should triple check that you are posting in the correct forum.

Second, you do not go into a developer forum asking for something as it's annoying and completely misses the point of this community. You come here if you need help with a project of your own or if you want to help others with theirs.

Third, the chance that a developer will pick up a project just because you asked for it is less than winning the lottery. It's DIY or die (metaphorically).

Fourth, consider switching to the simulation platform providing the aircraft you want, if you really want it that hard. X-Plane's helicopter dynamics are way superior to MSFS' anyway.

Fifth, FS9 is as dead as its original dev team for commercial-grade developments.

Sixth, the drawing was totally worth the time. Don't forget to marvel at the clouds. Bob would've been proud.

Country
unitedstates
View attachment 51775

There it is. Note how I went even more overboard with the detailing.

And here's your usage incentive:

Currencytutorial2f.jpg

Pleasure doing business with you, sir! My life finally had a purpose these near past 24 hours!

REAL TALK:

First, you should triple check that you are posting in the correct forum.

Second, you do not go into a developer forum asking for something as it's annoying and completely misses the point of this community. You come here if you need help with a project of your own or if you want to help others with theirs.

Third, the chance that a developer will pick up a project just because you asked for it is less than winning the lottery. It's DIY or die (metaphorically).

Fourth, consider switching to the simulation platform providing the aircraft you want, if you really want it that hard. X-Plane's helicopter dynamics are way superior to MSFS' anyway.

Fifth, FS9 is as dead as its original dev team for commercial-grade developments.

Sixth, the drawing was totally worth the time. Don't forget to marvel at the clouds. Bob would've been proud.

Wow you must really have a hard on for picking on people asking questions. Ill go into any forum I please, I can ask if I want about anything that I want an answer to, I will stay FS9 as much as I like & FS9 is not dead, your clouds are shit.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
your clouds are shit.
Thank you for your interest, we're afraid this isn't going to work out. We get a lot of dreamers and one of the ways we gauge sincerity is to make light of the initial request. Not to point any fingers, but in the years since you started asking for the S92, at least one of us has educated himself to produce the models he wants, I'm honored to proclaim my polygons have made it into a variety of respected addons and developments.
We each pick our own paths and yours is laudable, however, your criticisms seem terse and less than productive, we'll not be working with you to co-develop the S92, sorry.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Sorry about that, S92Sikorsky. Some of the people who have been here a long time are a little prickly about people asking for things; I'm not sure why. Perhaps they don't realize that people who are new here may not realize this is a forum for helping aircraft developers, not asking for models. I don't see any big warnings about that though, and thus I don't think you can be blamed for thinking that. So I am sorry you got such a cold reception here, all of us here are not so prickly. Best wishes on finding someone to create your copter. You could repost your question in the Project Recruiting forum and hopefully you will get a better response.

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Wow you must really have a hard on for picking on people asking questions. Ill go into any forum I please, I can ask if I want about anything that I want an answer to, I will stay FS9 as much as I like & FS9 is not dead, your clouds are shit.

Have fun waiting until the sun goes supernova then.

If you're spending years asking and nothing ever happens, why on Earth do you expect a different outcome each time you try?
You're like that other repeated offender with his nuts-and-bolts detailed Fairchild F-27.
One guy asking for something will simply not move a pebble in this community. Get at least a thousand people genuinely and verfiably interested and a bigger dev group might just pick it up as a project. Or hit the jackpot and find a group that's genuinely bored and asking potential customers what to do next.

Or, you know, download Blender, a set of 3-views and go wild. Like just about everybody else here and in particular this subforum.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
What's to welcome? Been here 5 years asking for the same thing, why don't you make a nice S92 for him Tom? Show us how to welcome.

Country
unitedkingdom
I thought I'd mention, even though this post is old now. That a new S-92 was recently released for FS2004. Including modeled Cabin and VC. It's available on flightsim.com.

Your dreams have finally come true!