- Messages
- 139
- Country

My add-on, developped using C# and the managed SimConnect library, works fine for me and also all users... but one.
Someone gets this message when starting the add-on:
"Could not load file or assembly 'microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, version =10.0.61242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies"
He does have version 10.0.61242.0 installed, but on closer examination the PublicKeyToken does not match the one in the WinSxS folder name, which is:
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a
My installer checks for this folder (and the vista variant) before starting the install. It is also the one I have, so the user and I seem to have identical SimConnects.
So I gave the user a manifest file, specifying the PublicKeyToken=67c7c..... (as in the folder name and in the example manifests) but no luck.
Now if only the managed examples in the SDK would have had compiled versions, I could send one to the user to see if the problem is in my compilation/distribution (already tried another SimConnect program which gave the same errors) or in his SimConnect setup.
One final clue... the user has the French version of FSX/Sp1.
Anybody who knows what's going on?
Yours,
Daniel
Someone gets this message when starting the add-on:
"Could not load file or assembly 'microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, version =10.0.61242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies"
He does have version 10.0.61242.0 installed, but on closer examination the PublicKeyToken does not match the one in the WinSxS folder name, which is:
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a
My installer checks for this folder (and the vista variant) before starting the install. It is also the one I have, so the user and I seem to have identical SimConnects.
So I gave the user a manifest file, specifying the PublicKeyToken=67c7c..... (as in the folder name and in the example manifests) but no luck.
Now if only the managed examples in the SDK would have had compiled versions, I could send one to the user to see if the problem is in my compilation/distribution (already tried another SimConnect program which gave the same errors) or in his SimConnect setup.
One final clue... the user has the French version of FSX/Sp1.
Anybody who knows what's going on?
Yours,
Daniel