- Messages
- 27
- Country

Hi all,
I'm creating a third party application for use with P3D that needs to be able to figure out the current sky colour. I have some questions about the sky texture format and the process/parameters that P3D uses internally to calculate the merged color value for a given sim time. I couldn't find any of this info in the SDK, but perhaps it's hidden somewhere I didn't look?
Given this screenshot (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B012srY358MYQ2liWmg1cTFIZE0/view) of one of the dawn textures:
1. What are the single colored pixels used for in the top row of pixels? I *think* they are used by the rendering engine for calculating the colour of shadows/fog but more accurate/exhaustive details would be useful. Is there a nice annotated example texture somewhere that explains these?
2. What are the in-sim time cutoffs for each texture (afternoon, dawn, midnight, morning, noon, postdawn, postsunset, predawn, presunset, sunset)? I ask this since the time at which each version starts to blend in/out would be required in order to calculate the correct "blended" texture as P3D computes it.
Many thanks for any help you are able to give.
Best wishes,
Wills
I'm creating a third party application for use with P3D that needs to be able to figure out the current sky colour. I have some questions about the sky texture format and the process/parameters that P3D uses internally to calculate the merged color value for a given sim time. I couldn't find any of this info in the SDK, but perhaps it's hidden somewhere I didn't look?
Given this screenshot (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B012srY358MYQ2liWmg1cTFIZE0/view) of one of the dawn textures:
1. What are the single colored pixels used for in the top row of pixels? I *think* they are used by the rendering engine for calculating the colour of shadows/fog but more accurate/exhaustive details would be useful. Is there a nice annotated example texture somewhere that explains these?
2. What are the in-sim time cutoffs for each texture (afternoon, dawn, midnight, morning, noon, postdawn, postsunset, predawn, presunset, sunset)? I ask this since the time at which each version starts to blend in/out would be required in order to calculate the correct "blended" texture as P3D computes it.
Many thanks for any help you are able to give.
Best wishes,
Wills
