• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SODE jetway (another) problem

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I have made SODE jetway and it coming along nicely. I modified MDL file by MDL tweaker to set model radius of 2000m . When I select the parking, the jetway just turn out to be like this video. I don't know what cause that. I have changed the model radius to 3000 m and the problem is still the same. Please take a look at video:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Any ideas? I have increased the radius to 8000m, nothing changed.

Last edited:

Walter Almaraz

Resource contributor
Country
bolivia
Hello Tic,

Recently I faced it that problem you have and I found a way to avoid that situation, this is my procedure:

1. Compile the animated version of your jetway and place according to the manual, the static jetway compile later.
2. Place the animated jetway in P3D (or FSX) using SODE placer.
3. Using SODE Placer, play with the parameters for static position (4 parameters)
4. Once the parameters have been selected in SODE placer, go to Gmax or 3DS Max to create the Static jetway.
5. When you run the script in 3D software, copy the parameters you chose in SODE Placer.
6. Now you export the static model and place it in the folder.

You should see that jetway will make a smooth transition between the static version to the animated.

Worked for me, hope it works for you :)

Regards,
Walter

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I edit the XML by hands since I have the coordinated by the previous project.
I don't think the problem is the staring position, since it is written in XML.
Once you select the jetway, the starting position ignore the position written in XML but it goes all the way to 0,0,0,0 (RootRotation;BridgeDip;HeadRotation;BridgeExtension). No matter what I try, the start position is always 0,0,0,0.

Last edited:
Country
newzealand
I believe you should be able to open your XML in sode placer. Just check and adjust if needed the rotation and length limits

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think the problem is the geometry of the BRIDGE_x since I need to cut the box and add the glass to the jetway from the previous model which is working fine. I am digging into that problem.
I am trying to add things one at a time and test it. So, I might pin point the problem later.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Now, I know what I did wrong!
I forgot to set the glass material for the glass jetway to be SKINNED MESH. What a shame. There are two materials since the glass need to be separated to be another material. I forgot that one, took me a week to find out.

Last edited: