• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 (SOLVED) "AI not found in aircraftMap" message

Messages
152
Country
france
Hello,

Using SODE latest version on P3D v5.1 without any major problem I have noticed a strange thing as follows:

I use all type of AI aircraft from FAIB, AIG, UTT with no issue with the exception of one: UTT B788. This aircraft - although visible within the sim and flying ok - never activate the jetways so I took a look at the SODE log and here is what it says: AI not found in aircraftMap for 'UTT B788 Norwegian'. Model: B788

Has some one had this kind of message and how can it be fixed ? I have no idea what this aircraft map is and where it is located. Went into each and every SODE folder with no luck so ...

Thanks for the help !
 
Hello,

Yes thanks for your message. I am aware of these two files. However they seem to address payware/pilotable aircraft only and not AI aircraft. I have a significant number of AI aircraft from AIG/FAIB/RFSL, etc.... that all park correctly and connect to the jetways with the exception of one model which is the UTT B788 (not being in the "aircraftmap" as per SODE log file).

So when I go through the SODE log file I can see that SODE is scanning all my P3D files, identify the folder where the AI aircraft are and then ... it does not say what it does but I was assuming SODE then build a list of them - which should be this aircraft map ?
 
Hi,
You have to go to the SODE Platform Manager under Tools / Settings set the entry Enable AI Traffic Detection to True .

SODE.jpg


Then SODE accesses the [exits] entry in the aircraft.cfg for AI aircraft...
The [exits] entry should then look similar to my example.

Code:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4,  40.0, -8.0, 5.0, 0  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -33.0, 9.40, -6.5, 1  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

It is possible that you still need to adjust the coordinates of the exits for your AI aircraft.
Only the exit.0 entry is of significance for the sode jetways.
Because here only exit.0 is a main exit.
 
Mike,

Many thanks for your message again. AI traffic detection is enabled and all my AI are well detected and connected through jetways as they all have this exits section in their cfg.

Only one model remains ignored and not detected by SODE which is a mistery for me as I checked several times its configuration.

Funny enough if I replace the UTT B788 with the FSXPAI B788 it works !

I should then be happy enough but I still do not understand why this UTT AI aircraft is not identified by SODE. This is now a pure therorical exercise given I have this workaround but I like to understand things when they do not work as expected.
 
Hi,
I have tested it.
And came to the result...
It can only be because of the exits entries in the aircraft.cfg.

I found an Ai aircraft (B737-400) from AIA on my pc.
This had the following exits entries...

Code:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit_rate.0 = 0.4                               ;Percent per second
exit_rate.1 = 0.4                               ;Percent per second

With these entries the sode jetways are without function.

My changed exits entries...

Code:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4,  35.1, -5.009,  4.447, 0   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -30.1,  3.542, -1.662, 1   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

With these values the sode jetways work.
 
Hi Mike,

Ok I checked my exits for this particular model and they were wrong. I corrected them with MCX and will test again. Thanks for pointing these numbers !
 
Ok so I tested and no luck, this aircraft does not activate the jetways.

Here is the message that is in SODE log file :

[15:22:06.808] DEBUG SODE.FSLOOP : [AI DETECTION] N monitored AIObjects = 93, Primary/Chained Jobs:{0/0}, Tracked Jobs: {0}
[15:22:06.853] WARN SODE.FSLOOP : [AI DETECTION] AI not found in aircraftMap for 'UTT B788 American Airlines'. Model: B787
[15:22:06.864] WARN SODE.FSLOOP : [AI DETECTION] AI not found in aircraftMap for 'UTT B788 American Airlines'. Model: B787
[15:22:06.889] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : [DEBUG:AI] Jobs after serializing P/C:{0/0}

And still I do not know what this aircraftMap refers to and where it could be located. So I am stuck
 
Hi,
I have downloaded this (https://unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ai-models/utt/item/utt-ai-boeing-787-8) UTT B788 for testing.
And it works for me.
But I had to adjust the exits data a little bit.

original exits data...
Code:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4,  36.6, -5.0,  3.0, 0   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5,  4.5, -3.0, 1   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.4,  33.5,  3.5, -4.0, 2   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

And this is how it looked with it...
org_exits.jpg


my changed exits data...
Code:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.4, 43.0, -8.5, 5.0, 0            //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1            //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.4, 33.5, 3.5, -4.0, 2            //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

And this is how the result looks like...
my_exits.jpg


My guess...
SODE designates the aircraft.cfg as aircraftMap.

Only Jeffrey could provide more detailed information.
 
Ok ... this is really weird. It must be something I have in front of me that I do not see.

I will copy/paste your [exits] settings and try again. Tomorrow as I am away from my computer right now.

Thanks for taking your time to help !

Philippe
 
Ok Mike it works finally .... as long as I use the UTT model (the mdl) which was released in the original aircraft. It seems I have an issue with the P3D converted model released by AIG. Will test more.
 
Hi Mike, everything is ok now including with the AIG P3D model. It was likely some bad copy/paste/typo stuff in the exits section.

Thanks for the help !
 
Back
Top