• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[SOLVED] Jetway animation and multi-material

Messages
18
Country
germany
Hey Jeffrey,

while building my Jetway models I decided to put the ads on the jetway in a separate texture file as there are many variations and I have little space left on the jetway texture sheet. However, when I do that through multi-material in 3DS Max the jetway is not animated (in MDX I can see the normals move only) and if I apply just 2 different materials with different IDs, the poly with the ad and the separate texture sheets does not follow the bones.

I tried all kinds of combinations, and I ran out of ideas. Any help?

Here is the screenshot of the poly for the ad remaining still while the jetway moves (separate poly with seperate Mat ID and texture):

Jetway_error.jpg
 
That was it! I thought I had ticked it and then I got lost looking for all kind of other reasons. :-)

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
 
Back
Top