• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 sound.cfg problem

Messages
1,468
Country
italy
All my engine sounds are mono and 16bit etc. When I start up all is fine. But if for any reason the sim is paused the sounds are distorted when the sim is restarted. I'm thinking perhaps it hasn't reloaded all the sounds. What is the reason for this? And, how is it resolved.
vololiberista
 
All my engine sounds are mono and 16bit etc. When I start up all is fine. But if for any reason the sim is paused the sounds are distorted when the sim is restarted. I'm thinking perhaps it hasn't reloaded all the sounds. What is the reason for this? And, how is it resolved.
vololiberista

had this b4. I replaced the sound card to fix. you can try updating the drivers, didnt work for me though, had to replace.

what hardware you running?
 
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using Creative Audigy. There are issues with all sound cards and FS9. For example if one doesn't use the simplest sound card setting and flat eq then there is a lot of crackling!
If I switch between full and window view it also changes the sound.
In the past the internal sounds were full throated roars. Totally unreal hence the change. However, there is a residual roar and this seems to be causing the problem.
vololibeirsta
 
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using Creative Audigy. There are issues with all sound cards and FS9. For example if one doesn't use the simplest sound card setting and flat eq then there is a lot of crackling!
If I switch between full and window view it also changes the sound.
In the past the internal sounds were full throated roars. Totally unreal hence the change. However, there is a residual roar and this seems to be causing the problem.
vololibeirsta

sound card issue or driver is the indication to me
 
Back
Top