• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Sound Location

Messages
12
Country
us-nebraska
Doug...

Using your sound module, is there a way to make the sounds play only in the headset, in the same way ATC comes up ONLY in the headset?

So instead of getting F/A-18 Betty sounds in the internal VC or external environments (via my speakers), I could get them to play in my headset.

Later
Sludge
 
Doug...

Using your sound module, is there a way to make the sounds play only in the headset, in the same way ATC comes up ONLY in the headset?
So instead of getting F/A-18 Betty sounds in the internal VC or external environments (via my speakers), I could get them to play in my headset.
Later
Sludge

Yes, if you are doing the XML coding, or are willing to change the XML gauge coding. You will need version 4.19 or later. If you don't have it, let me know.

Doug
 
Doug...

Yes, if you are doing the XML coding, or are willing to change the XML gauge coding. You will need version 4.19 or later. If you don't have it, let me know.

Doug

Excellent, that will work out really well. I should have v4.19, but I since I have NUKED recently and am re-installing everything, it will take some time. I'll holler if I don't come across the that version. Thanks.

Sludge
 
Doug...

After installing the latest FSX version of your DSD sound pack (DSD v4.30), I am able to get it to work as advertised (all sounds work thru the default speaker setup) w/the exception of NOT being able to get it to play in the headset.

Maybe I'm just dense but after reading the instructions I've tried getting it to: play - using "load" (enum, 11); load/play - "load" (enum, 11), then "play" (enum, 1); then load/play/unload using - "load" (enum, 11), then "play" (enum, 1), then "unload" (enum, 10), all fail. Maybe something that I'm NOT enabling in the .INI file, specifying to enable the separate VOICE headset if avail? I see in the .INI part about "voice availability", but not sure how to use that syntax, if needed.

Do you have anything that might help me? I have access to the Betty.XML that controls the Betty voice warnings but just dont "know how" to MOD it so that it plays in the headset only for those of us that have it, or in the main speakers for those that dont have a secondary VOICE setup.

Later
Sludge
 
Last edited:
Doug...

Good news, I got it fixed. What I ended up doing was doing the load command for each sound [ie. 11 (sound_Pull_Up, enum)] in an INIT.XML that runs once at startup. This loaded all the necessary sounds to the VOICE device, as the README says.

Once I did this, the Betty sounds played only in the headset and when I DISABLED the headset in Win7, it played them thru the main speakers. Ding Dong, the Witch is dead!!

Much thanks for this gauge, works like a champ, as advertised.

However, FYI, in testing, another problem that came up was having multiple secondary playback devices enabled (by windows default), such as an X-Fi Titanium DIGITAL LINE-OUT, listed in the Windows playback section. This caused several other secondary sounds not to work on the main speakers, even after I had gotten the headset Betty calls working.

For example: in using JR's Gun HUD, and Serge's BlackBox Betty gauge... I got the Betty calls working in the headset and the "gun blast" working on the main speakers but the "button clicks" for the HUD control panel (should go to main speaker) were going off to somewhere else. So I DISABLED all the other Win7 Playback Listings except the X-Fi Speakers (default speakers) and the Headset (default Comms) so now all main speaker sounds, such as "gun blast" (speakers), and "panel clicks" (speakers) work as they should.

Later
Sludge
 
Last edited:
Back
Top