• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Static Aircraft Model Maker - making the scenery ready for release

Country
luxembourg
Hey guys, I have now successfully created my static aircraft with Static Aircraft Model Maker. (Thanks for that wonderful tool!) I have also add it to the scenery via Airport Design Editor (the in-built scenery adder didn't worked for me, maybe I have something wrong or I don't know)!
There's now another .bgl created in my scenery folder!

Now if I want to upload my scenery to avsim.com or so, what folders/files do users need to see those static aircrafts?

Do I need only the .bgl created by ADE, or aswell the .bgl-file & the .txt-file & the texture folder of my model, which is situated in my folder
<FS9 Root folder>\scenery\Generic\

I hope someone can help me out of that hell!

thanks for replying and have a good day!
Kevin

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The .bgl and the texture folder. You'd be wise to include instructions about the texture folder. This configuration is unusual for scenery.

BTW, please ensure the author of the aircraft has given permission for the model to be uploaded.

Don

Country
luxembourg
Just one question, which is in my opinion very dumb, but I really want to ask her:

You said the .bgl & texture folder. The texture folder is ok, that is this one:
<FS9 Root folder>\scenery\Generic\Texture\TIS

but with the .bgl I don't understand:
is that now these .bgl:
<FS9 Root folder>\scenery\Generic\scenery\TIS.bgl

or is the one generated by ADE:
<FS9 Root folder>\Addon Scenery\Real ELLX\scenery\AF2_ELLXa_OBJ.bgl

I don't know so I'm asking, I shame myself for that question sorry :S

greets Kevin

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
You must provide tyhree items for scenery to be displayed: model, position and texture.

If you used ADE to place the model, then the ADE file will contain the positioning data. Presumably the other bgl file you mentioned contains only the model. So, both are required.

If you use the SAMM placement tool, the bgl file it generates contains both the placement information and the model.

Don

Country
luxembourg
Ok thanks!
Just one more question. When using the Static Aircraft Model Maker scenery adder. When I set the altitude and don't want to edit it, although the real altitude is around 320meters what do I have to enter there?

I always get an error that the altitude is the wrong format, also if I'm not editing that field!

greets Kevin

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Please be more specific. In what program/field are you entering altitude? What progarm is issuing the error message? If SAMM, what is the specific error message you are receiving? If you want the model on the ground, why are you entering an altitude at all?

Don

Country
luxembourg
Ok you are now maybe thinking that I'm kidding you, but it isn't like this. After restarting and after a second try, everything worked like it should be!
The model is on the airport but only approximately around 100-200 Meters away from the position it should. I have to get the correct coordinates so it will be more precisely. What I've done? Well tried it first, then it didn't worked always got that error message with the altitude problem. Then I thought: Shit, let it be! I went to eat a "Bouchée du poissonier" and now it worked (only that the coordinates are wrong, but that is my fault)! If I always need to go to eat such a "Bouchée", then I will gain a lot of weight in the upcoming weeks/days :)

So far, thanks and if I occur the problem next time, I will directly post it here!

greets Kevin

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
"Mouthful of fishmonger?" I'm assuming that's a literal translation and that the actual meaning is "bite of fish." ;)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Look here, hope that helps :)

greets Kevin

Actually, I was poking a bit of fun at the misspelling of the French...

...which makes a world of difference in the translation!

"Bouchée du" without the ending "s" means "Mouthful of..."
"Bouchées du" with the ending "s" means "Mouthfuls of..."
"Bouchées de" means "Bites (of)..."

"poisson" means "fish"
"poissonier" means "fishmonger" (one who sells fish)

"Bouchées de poisson" is "bites of fish" (which are the filling for the pastry shell).
"Bouchée du poissonier" is "Mouthful (of) fishmonger" :rotfl:

What a difference a couple of letters make in meaning! ;)

All of which points out something that's bothered me for years. There are quite a few people who insist on using "text speak" even when writing in English, which makes it horribly difficult for international members who perforce must often use something like "Google-Translate" to understand some technical post.

For example, "u no wt i m33n m8?" 'translates' into French as the meaningless: "u aucune poids je m33n M8?" instead of what was meant
"Savez-vous ce que je veux dire, camarade?" :eek:

Last edited:
Country
luxembourg
Sorry but that's not real french :)
That's Luxemburgish-French. In our country that meal is named "Bouchée du poissonier". If you go to a shop you get that, if you call it elsewhere, then nearly nobody understands you! And I didn't know that someone really wanted to know how I got worked my Static Aircraft Model Maker, but try it out and your SAMM will work afterwards :)

I think a forum lives from that "misleading" language. I love for example to search/look in french-african forums because they use so much of misleading words which I also don't understand while I can speak French!

P.S.: You can post a photo of your "Bouchées de poisson"! :)
P.S.2: If you want I can aswell visit you and then I will taste your "Bouchées de poisson"! If you want I will then cook your mine :)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Sorry but that's not real french :)
That's Luxemburgish-French. In our country that meal is named "Bouchée du poissonier".

<snipped for brevity>

P.S.: You can post a photo of your "Bouchées de poisson"! :)
P.S.2: If you want I can aswell visit you and then I will taste your "Bouchées de poisson"! If you want I will then cook your mine :)

Oh, I see! That's like the sometimes subtle differences between Hochdeutsch, Suissedeutsch, and Österreichischedeutsch (High, Swiss and Austrian). :D

Plattdüütsch is yet another, which used to be "Low German," but more closely resembles Dutch or Afrikaans.

German (Hoch Deutsch)
Alle Menschen sind frei und gleich an Würde und Rechten geboren. Sie sind mit Vernunft und Gewissen begabt und sollen einander im Geist der Brüderlichkeit begegnen.

vs.

German (Plattdüütsch)
All Minschen sünd frie un gliek an Würd un Rechten up de Welt kamen. Se hebbt de Gaav vun Verstand un Geweten un schüllt sick as Bröers in de Mööt kamen.

vs.

English
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Then there's Yiddish, which is a form of "German" that mixes Plattdüütsch and Hebrew, sounds mostly like Plattdüütsch, but is written in Hebrew! :rotfl:

While in school in Leysin, Switzerland since English was my first language, most of my science classes were in Hochdeutsch and my humanities in French. That's a brutal way to force students into mastering second and third languages - fast! :D

Over the past few days I've encountered a young fellow in my flightsim.com forum who has been asking questions in very fractured English. When it became clear that he's French, I asked him to post what he wanted to ask in French...

...which unfortunately turns out to be WORSE than his fractured English! :laughing:

The very next time I make Bouchées de poisson I'll be sure to take a photo! By the way, before I began studying French, I would never have ordered "poisson" from a cafe menu, because it looks too much like the English word "poison!"

Last edited:
Country
luxembourg
Hehe ok nice. I had to study Luxemburgish, German, French and if you are in the classic school also Italian and/or Latin.
I can speak Luxembourgish, French, German, Netherlands, Italian, Portuguese and now I'm learning Russian. A lot of work but I'm handling all those languages more or less good...

And please post a photo from your meal!!

greets Kevin