• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Strobe Lights

Messages
15
Country
unitedstates
I am trying to place red blinking lights on top of my buildings, like in real life. I have read the SDK for the attach tool. But, I do not inderstand how to do things like stobe lights for scenery. I can do a beacon and I can attach effects but I cannot get things like flashing lights working. Does any one know about this? Can you attach lights to your building or do you have to do it with the "empty attach" option from the attach tool. If you have to do it with the empty attach option, then what do you have to place in the xml file.

Thanks, Wes
 
You can just attach a strobe-fx like the ones for the aircraft. Try the fx_strobes.fx and vary the values in it so they fit your wishes and attach it to your building.
Personally I find lights created by an effect more realistic than all other lights in FS.
 
Back
Top