• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Switch to interchange two panel windows

Country
us-newyork
Hi
Got the Excellent Bombardier panel with two windows "dd_crj700!EICAS" and "dd_crj700!EIFAS". The EIFAS (see picture) is not fully showing and I need a switch to interchange it with AICAS <<<<>>>>.
Looked at some similar XMLs but no luck.
Any chance to suggest a switch, which would interchange these two windows - Move EIFAS to EICAS one click and Move EICAS back to EIFAS second click.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Peter

gauge09=dd_crj700!EICAS, 474,313,163,205 // switch with EIFAS
gauge10=dd_crj700!stby_compass, 679,8,80,80
gauge11=dd_crj700!pfd, 46,338,161,204
gauge12=dd_crj_AP_Disc_Bar!ID_AP_Disc_Bar, 502,249,29,27
gauge13=dd_crj700!mfd, 241,338,161,204
gauge14=SimIcons1024!Kneeboard Icon, 121, 249 ,16,16
gauge15=dd_crj700!560, 155,231,16,16
gauge16=dd_crj700!570, 172,231,16,16
gauge17=dd_crj700!AP_FDSwitch, 460,250,19,9
gauge18=dd_crj700!AP_GPSSwitch, 752,224,19,9
gauge19=dd_crj700!EIFAS, 757,312,175,216 // switch with EICAS

Attachments

• Screenshot (1821).png
    Screenshot (1821).png
    844.6 KB · Views: 37
EDIT: I see now you are switching gauges, not subpanels, so you can ignore this.

Switching subpanels is done using the ident= line in each section of the panel.cfg file.

Here is an example of some panel switching code.

XML:
<Gauge Name="Notepad_open" Version="1.0">
    <!-- Copyright (c) by Tom Gibson-->
    <Image Name="Notepad_open.bmp" ImageSizes="104,136,104,136"/>
    <Size X="104" Y="136"/>
    <Mouse>
            <Tooltip>Notepads: LeftClick: FE  RightClick: Pilots</Tooltip>
            <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
            <Click Kind="LeftSingle+RightSingle">(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 10050 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_OPEN) 10060 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 10070 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) } els{ 10060 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_OPEN) 10050 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 10070 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) } </Click>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

This is rather complex but it shows the concept. If you left click you open ident=10050 and close 10060 and 10070. If you right click you open 10060 and close 10050 and 10070.

A simple toggle gauge can be used for a single appear/disappear subpanel.

XML:
<Gauge Name="Autopilot Icon" Version="1.0">
   <Image Name="autopilot_icon.bmp"/>
   <Mouse>
         <Tooltip>Display/Hide Autopilot</Tooltip>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
      <Click>777 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>

And this should be able to be modified using the code above to have a click spot open one subpanel and close another.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Switching gauges is done using the <Visibility> statement. Note that if switching text you should place the Visibility statement into a parent element containing only the Visibility statement, with sub-Elements containing your real code. If the click spot changes the value of a custom variable you can test that in your Visibility statements to make the proper gauge appear.

Hi Tom,
So nice to hear from you again.
Must say that although I did some XMLing, I am scratching my had to find out how to proceed -
How to implant to above XML the click move of my Bombardier Gauge 9 to Gauge 19 spot and Gauge 19 to Gauge 9 spot and vice versa.
Any chance to point me in the right direction - if not asking too much, maybe show how this XML should look like?
Many thanks.

PS, I also found this xml in Learjet45 CAB doing the similar EICAS switch there, but do not see how to taylor it to my Bombardier:
<Gauge Name="EICAS LOWER Switch" Version="1.0">
<Element>
<Select>
<Value>(L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum)</Value>
<Case Value="0">
<Image Name="eicas_lower_switch_blank.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="44,44"/>
</Case>
<Case Value="1">
<Image Name="eicas_lower_switch_blank.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="44,44"/>
</Case>
</Select>
</Element>
<Mouse>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>(L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum) 1 == if{ 0 } els{ 1 } (&gt;L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum) }</Click>
</Mouse>
</Gauge>

I'm confused, since both BMP file names are identical, so you are not switching anything.

There are really two ways to handle this:

1. Combine the two gauges together and use code similar to what you write above to switch between them. If it is just bitmaps, this is by far the easiest solution.

2. Use Visible statements to make one gauge disappear and the other to re-appear. This has the disadvantage that the other gauge is actually still there, just not visible. I've never tried this, but it's possible this could lead to fighting between the gauges (although I don't *think* so?).

If you want a gauge to disappear, you would create something like:

XML:
<Gauge Name="EICAS LOWER Switch" Version="1.0">
<Element>
      <Visible>
             (L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum) 1 ==
      </Visible>
    <Element>
       <Select>
          <Value>Gauge code goes here</Value>
       </Select>
   </Element>
   <Mouse>
   <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
   <Click>(L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum) 1 == if{ 0 } els{ 1 } (&gt;L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum) }</Click>
   </Mouse>
 </Element>
</Gauge>

Where I say Gauge code goes here, this would be the code for either of your two gauges. If it is more than one Element that's fine, just add them directly below this one (above the Mouse statement).

The other gauge would have a Visible section:

XML:
      <Visible>
             (L:EICAS LOWER SWITCH, enum) 0 ==
      </Visible>

Thus only one gauge would be visible at a time, depending on if the variable was 0 or 1.

Hope this helps,

Hi Tom,
I guess I am getting too thick headed. Sign of age I guess. Was trying on ad off this weekend unfortunately with no luck.
Still could not plot the exchange of the gauge 9 with gauge 19:
gauge09=dd_crj700!EICAS, 474,313,163,205 // switch with EIFAS with: gauge19=dd_crj700!EIFAS, 757,312,175,216 // switch with EICAS
Even tried your sample above with my gauge code (above) and no luck.
No problem if we drop this, you have helped me very generously already.
Cheers,

Your gauge code is not to be used here, it is replaced by the Visible statements.

You need to add these Visible statements to the actual EICAS and EIFAS gauge code. If you cannot do that, then this technique will not work.

Back