• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Temporary Airport Issues

Country
romania
Hello all, Hope i,m in the right section, I have only this week started into the realms of ai planning, in the hope that making simple fps for fsx fields. Using the latest v3. Having a problem in making the editor recognise a field in UAE-hAVE READ /AM READING THE PDF, BUT CANNOT FIND A ANSWER. Here is the process i am carry out- after introducing the ac, click the new fp- go to airports info- select uae & dubai which gives the satelite field of Minhad ab- this is saved to the airfield list and the .dat files- but when placing the OMDM ( MINHAD AB ) soon as i touch thenext time box- a message says this airport is not a genuine field etc Looking at the aifp2 pfd, para 9.7 says there is a additional way to save these fields which are not accepted but saved into a temp file- The new v3 doesn't seem to reflect this extra save off ? or am i missing something ? Your advice please would be much appreciated.- As to ( newby info ) i thought this might be very useful but don't find it. Many thanks ken in ro.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
go to airports info- select uae & dubai which gives the satelite field of Minhad ab
There is no need to do this. AIFP already "knows" about OMDM. Simply enter "OMDM" into the From field of the FP Editor.

Don

Country
romania
Thank you Don Sir, i found that a new download of the v3.2 did away with the probs and i am very pleased to say i now have 3 aircraft populating omdm and working, all be it along with 4 single traffic files . May i say that in my estimation your programme is a astounding piece of work-must have taken a great many hours of time consuming slogging dedication to put this amazing prog together.
Now yet another quirk has arisen , to which i cannot ,as yet fathom or see any reference to, in the 3.2 pdf. Started a new fp- 1st leg edited and saved, add a leg- and i put in the info- which is taken on all the line boxes- click on the plan, click on the save and up comes a box which states :-( Index was out of range. must be none- negative and less of size of the collection. parameter name . index.)
Havn't a clue what this means, kindly advise this old duffer. trying to send a c17 which is accepted on the fp editor- from omdm to oetb, all times and other entries are accepted . ?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the kind words. The program as you see it now is the result of over 8 years of development/redevelopment and enhancements, consuming several thousand hours of coding and testing. it comprises nearly 50000 lines of code.
Started a new fp- 1st leg edited and saved, add a leg- and i put in the info- which is taken on all the line boxes- click on the plan, click on the save and up comes a box which states :-( Index was out of range. must be none- negative and less of size of the collection. parameter name . index.)
That certainly shouldn't happen. Do you remember what you entered? Also, could you be a little more specific about which controls you actually clicked on. "click on the plan, click on the save" dosen't really help me.

Don

Country
romania
Evening to don Sir, learned a lesson this evening, DONT USE A A4TECh WIRELESS MOUSE WHEN FLIGHT PLANNING !!!! This was the problem why windows 7 etc was chucking the new plan out- Now reverted to a standard wired mouse and my latest fp has been accepted, saved and trafficised to a bgl!! Up to this week have been using a Canadian Labtec laser keyboard & wireless mouse , always been very reliable, but mouse has hit the floor too many times- the a4tech wireless mouse does work but once left alone for a few seconds, one is obliged to press the right hand button to mobilise the marker- yep it freezes on screen. guess this rh click was beggaring up the fp info input... Something fellow folks at the forum might well care to note ? Shame a4tech cannot manage such quality /reliability as the now defunct Labtec. Many thanks for this forum and help.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks, Ken. It's not clear how the mouse could be responsible for an exception. But, if its now working for you, that's good.

Should the situation recur, please take a screenshot of, or copy, the complete exception message (probably 25-30 lines) and send it to me as well as a detailed description of what you had just done. Please use button and field labels.

Don

Country
romania
hello again sir, apologies for being a pain in proverbial A, have another prob which i dont seem to be able to get round nor find in the manual. So far have learnt to make and fly about 40 fps with ais doing their stuff very nicely- today, i find the aifpv3 not working as it should- It selects and lists the aircraft ok takes info for a flight plan etc , after compiling and trying to save the whole plan- a new notice comes up ( a box which says updating new flight plan list ) with the green line indicator stopped half way along the strip length. i am also finding that the flight plans that have been saved are not available ? because of this bogged down updating flight plan lists ? apart from absolutely wiping all from the hdd and doing a restart- with a new aifp- Is there anything you could advise please so not to lose all the fps. ken in ro. ( had our first light snowfall this morning 0530 ish !

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Ken, when I look at the screenshot you sent me privately, I see there is a error window open, stating "The flight plans in the following lines use aircraft reference numbers to which no aircraft are assigned" It then specifies flight plan "1", and is awaiting your response to "Proceed with renumbering anyway?". Respond to the message and the process will complete. There is no indication as to what initiated this message, so I can't comment further.

Generally, this type of issue, i.e., FP data related, is extremely difficult to diagnose in the absence of the actual data and explicit instructions as to how to duplicate the issue or at least a detailed report of what your had done (citing to button/field names and data actually entered). So, should you make future reports, please include such information.

Don