• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 texture issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aviasim
  • Start date Start date
A

Aviasim

Guest
Ok, Got my final set of ground textures after waiting a very very long time. I place them on my plane in 3ds max 9 as normal, then I test it in FS2004 and I have a wierd problem, a problem I have not yet had until today...I have no idea what is causing this:

wtf.jpg


I have checked the texture folder where my scenery is located and that seems to be fine, in 3ds max 9 everything appears also to be fine. The texture that is being repeated is texture "egbg100", it is tiling itself at the top of my poly 35 times. So texture "egbg100" should not even be near the top. I dont know what has caused this and hope somebody will tell me what is going on here.

I simply made this poly as I would make any other ground poly that has always worked...so I have no idea what is happening with this.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
 
Nevermind, got it sorted now. For those that want to know how..

This may not be the correct way but it sure works... in 3DS I just clonded the main photoreal ground poly, then deleted the polygons on the main poly where I had the texture issue, then deleted the polygons on the cloned poly where the texture issue was normal, I then re-textured my cloned peice of ground poly and exported them seperately...this will have to do for now.

Regards
 
Back
Top