• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Texture problem

Messages
66
Country
estonia
Hello
I have problem with textures showing up in FS
In gmax they seem to be fine
But in FS they turn out very wierd
I removed unwrap UWW but it didnt help
And I have doubleside on that mast texture and it is with alpha channel
I have created an antenna b4 using the same texture but this time it just aint working anymore
 

Attachments

  • problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 502
Oeh
I managed to get the textures on the house ok
But still the mast is looking the same as it is in the picture
Any suggestions what I should do?
 
Hi,

The inside polygons are probably not showing because the drawing order is wrong. In that case FS hides them to prevent bleedthrough problems.

About the textures, are you sure you mapped them correct? It seems they are shifted to one side a bit.
 
sk699 said:
Jep they are placed correctly

Are this the only textures to show such an offset? It could very well be that the mipmap level in GMax is set low (which is the default setting) and then the textures are not shown very accurate in GMax. But that would affect all textures and not just this one.

sk699 said:
What do you mean by " the drawing order is wrong"?

Have a look at this article. I try to explain the problem there:

http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=492
 
I've also had this problem once, with the texture being displaced in FS. It was caused by the fact that I was using a texture with the wrong format in Gmax. This can happen when you use 32 bit texture in Gmax and then convert it to DXT for FS. You have to make shure that you only use 24 bit textures in Gmax (so without alpha channel). Then make shure that your UVW Unwrap is correct and then export the model and convert your 24 bit texture to DXT format.

Thomas
 
I have that problem on all models that have more than 2 sides and should have an alphha channel texture. I tried to create a ladder using a texture with lpha channel but i still have the same anomaly.
 
I found that. With a bit of experimenting things seem a bit better if you use 2 seperate 1-sided objects instead of one 2-sided one. You still sometimes get weird effects, but it seems to clear things up a bit.
 
I made a new antenna with 3 separate sides( used 3 boxes )
And tried to attatch the same texture to it.
Still ain't working in FS
Is here anybody who has a little time to check the gmax file and the texture file?
The same texture is working fine on another object.
 
Just attach your GMax file and texture to this thread (as a ZIP file) and I am sure someone will take a look (I will try to, if I have enough time).
 
Back
Top