• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Texture tiles

Messages
246
Country
southafrica
Hi there, I am busy making (or must I say trying to make) scenery for a harbor in SA, and I use Tcalc2004 to identify the tiles to be replaced. however, I cannot find the bitmap named according to Tcalc2004. What do I miss? I provide a screenshot of Tcalc2004 for more info.
Thanks,

Jakes
 

Attachments

  • tcalc.JPG
    tcalc.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 548
Hi,

That bitmap will only be there if you have a photo scenery for the area.
 
Thank you Arno! I guess I cannot just place a bitmap there, It need to be accompanied with a BGL? and what can I use to create that bgl if needed?
 
Hi,

Yes, you would need to make a photo scenery with resample. That's the only way to place custom autogen.
 
Thank you again!

a simple question : Ive used Photo Scenery maker, and, although working nicely, the texture sizes are 256x256. is there any way to get better resolution for scenery in FS2004?
 
No, all terrain textures in FS9 are 256x256 bitmaps (usually with mipmaps).
 
As said FS2004 only allows 256x256 pixel textures for the photo scenery, that will give you a resolution of about 4.8 meter per pixel. The only way to get a higher resolution is to use custom ground polygons, but these don't allow autogen to be placed on them.
 
Back
Top