• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Textures per kilometer?

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
Messages
514
Country
us-oregon
I've been reading the fs9 autogen sdk, looking into the possibility of using the annotator to increase the number of autogen buildings. Came across the following:

For performance reasons, the scenery engine in Flight Simulator limits the number of buildings displayed to 300 per square kilometer and the pieces of vegetation displayed to 600 per square kilometer.

So how many instances of a texture does it take to make up a square kilometer? I'd like to be able to know if a given texture is already close to or at that limit. If it is, there's no point to me editing it.

Thanks. :wave:
 
OK, next question. I'd like to edit the autogen for texture 040B2, Small City Suburban Non Grid Dry. I know I need to edit only one of the seasonal variations, but there are seven textures for each season. Viewing the textures I can see which one corresponds to what I'm seeing in FS9, but I found no explanation in the SDK of what the other six textures are for and how FS9 determines which ones to use? Geographical areas?
 
The are randomly used for that specific type of landclass. So you might need to edit them all.
 
Back
Top