• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Today I started the Dynon SkyView... :S

Country
us-arizona
Pray for me guys...

Its official. I decided to start the Dynon Skyview. I talked myself back into doing it. I hope and pray I can do this in fair, good time and not lose any eyebrows over it.

I see a problem with the menu's, they all have rectangles with curved corners, so I'll need to make those bitmaps.

This will all be in FS9 XML format. I hope I can re-use most of my G1000 code for making this. The part I hate is the screens can do 50/50 NAV-Map, or NAV-Engine, etc. And............ (and) 20/80 (or something close) for Engine-Map, etc. So I'll need to do 3 versions of windows for NAV, Map, and Engine; full, half, and 20%.

I can feel my eyebrows tensing up already.

Went through the manual today, examining the screen, how it all works. A very beautiful system. The one thing I think I cant make is the arc rings that are supposed to be the horizon. Also the synthetic view. But I had been reading they do not all have synthetic view. You need to purchase the package for your Dynon to have that option, so some people do not have it.

If I start freaking out, if my vision is blurred by giant, metallic clusters of eyebrows, if I say goofy things, its because I am under severe stress. (Hopefully not though).

Country
thailand
The part I hate is the screens can do 50/50 NAV-Map, or NAV-Engine, etc. And............ (and) 20/80 (or something close) for Engine-Map, etc. So I'll need to do 3 versions of windows for NAV, Map, and Engine; full, half, and 20%.
It will be easier than you think, Bill, and I'm sure you will like your results ... complex XML gauge and a lot of work, but very doable. If anyone can handle a G1000, they can do a SkyView too. On the map side, you don't need to repeat everything (the entire gps) three times, mostly just the <CustomDraw Name="fs9gps:Map" and "fs9gps:rose" parts which are not that lengthy anyway.

The features mentioned in the previous thread - synthetic view, horizon arcs (question: do these appear only when using synthetic view?), maps and charts, and weather can't be done and you won't be able to match the airspace colors and line widths that SkyView uses ... and no doubt, some other things, too. Short of those, you can handle this in XML and it should look quite nice, especially with your attention to graphics and appearance.

Bob

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
The horizon arcs are present whether SVS is active or not.

Country
us-arizona
Hello AeroEdge,
This was long ago. Nearly 10 years ago, and mission accomplished. This was a XML gauge and was originally done for FS2004 and later went into FSX/P3D planes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-28 094018.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 094018.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 108
Country
unitedstates
Good job! I am glad to hear that it was mission accomplished. Knowing myself, I have a strong start but then as other people’s enthusiasm doesn’t equal mine for a project idea I have, it’s hard to keep only yourself excited when the other people you hoped could help don’t care to see their own brand developed, like DYNON. You’d think a company like DYNON would enjoy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 putting “DYNON” instead of “GARMIN” on the box cover… I guess not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
unitedstates
On a less “complain-fest” note, did you offer your product free for P3D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk