• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Too many texture maps..

Hey,
Any model I create is ending with more than 5 texture maps.
I am using several materials but I can't find a good way to combine them together.
I remember I used GMAX a few years ago and I could use a single texture sheet.
What am I missing?

Thanks..

Country
switzerland
Hey,
Any model I create is ending with more than 5 texture maps.
I am using several materials but I can't find a good way to combine them together.
I remember I used GMAX a few years ago and I could use a single texture sheet.
What am I missing?

Thanks..
Hi there

you should consider using Arno Gerretsen's ModelConverterX available from here:

https://www.scenerydesign.org/

He has also made some good Tutorial-Videos about his Tool-range! There are a lot of useful Tools on his web-site!!!

Kind regards from Switzerland

Conrad

Thanks for the comment but I know Arno's tools very well. I can't see myself doing anything regarding scenery development without his gear. My main issus is, commercial developers manage to squize buildings into a 1024x1024 texture sheet and it is looking good. I am trying to do the same but I cant find a way to use only one texture sheet for one building and keep the quality high enough.

Country
england
Hey Bar_rodoy
Can you post a screen shot of the building your doing
Regards
Ian

Hey,
Here is the building. I managed to squeez the doors texture into one 1024X1024 sheet. Then, the Bricks on this side of the building are on the same 2048X2048 sheet.
http://prntscr.com/izvtzn
AFAIK, there is a way to squeez the entire building texture into one sheet. Is it possible to achieve that with UV unwrapping method?

Is it possible to tile only a part of the textured projected on the wall in this screenshot?

Thanks..

Country
switzerland
Hey,
Here is the building. I managed to squeez the doors texture into one 1024X1024 sheet. Then, the Bricks on this side of the building are on the same 2048X2048 sheet.
AFAIK, there is a way to squeez the entire building texture into one sheet. Is it possible to achieve that with UV unwrapping method?

Is it possible to tile only a part of the textured projected on the wall in this screenshot?

Thanks..
In fact it should actually be possible by such a program. There are several programs around, there was once a free one around, but I cant remember the Name. Some are quit expensive!

Kind regards from Switzerland

Conrad

Country
england
Hey,

Thanks..
Hi Conrad
Those textures will easily fit on a 1024-1024 texture sheet
Make your texture sheet in photoshop or gimp and then import them into sketchup and apply the textures from that texture sheet you made
Or do you mean after you have applied your textures and you export your model you end up with 5 texture sheets
Regards
Ian

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington