• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Tree Creation Problem

Messages
15
Country
thailand
Hello from thailand!
I'm new developer for FSX scenery then i have a problem with the exported tree in fsx it looks like this
58379_208027479330510_1923483283_n.jpg


As you see, the trees in vanishing all clouds and all textures after it.
i try many things but no effects then can anyone tells me how to make it normal like in FS9...
(I'm not good in english sorry for some mistake)
Regards
GammaSim Developer
 
possibly an alpha channel in the graphics isnt being converted correctly or not set to a more transparent level..but it doesnt affect the ground textures?
Cant really say much more, I just learned how to use the alpha channel.
 
MCX can fix this trees, it's a very common problem with those Fs9 trees in FSx, transparencies problem, just load the Mdl, and in material editor "set default transparent".
 
Okay i'll try that now :)

:( I Can't export T_T
553424_208059822660609_483368010_n.jpg


(I export form GMAX as BGL then i use MCX to [Set default transperent] and when i export (as FSX BGL) I got the result as above
 
Okay i'll try that now :)

:( I Can't export T_T


(I export form GMAX as BGL then i use MCX to [Set default transperent] and when i export (as FSX BGL) I got the result as above

try exporting as a .X file in GMAX. I dont really use GMAX much but I think thats able to be done.
 
you can load a bgl file directly in MCX, but don't undertand the Gmax process :confused:,you can't export a bgl file from Gmax, what I did was to get the Mdl from the bgl and so I fixed the object one by one, but I guess importing a bgl file can be achived.
 
Last edited:
If you are using transparent materials in FSX, they MUST be properly configured FSX materials.

FS9 materials do not work correctly.

In particular, you need to set up Z-testing correctly, and there are a number of posts/threads on how to do this.

ModelconverterX will set these parameters more-or-less automatically for you - but if you are developing for FSX within Max/FSDS it is worth familiarising yourself with them.
 
I agree with Hcornea.
This problem is often encounter from porting FS9 model to FSX.
Just only alpha channel in DDS or BMP does not mean it will be transparent in FSX.
You have to set up in Gmax or MCX:
1. Default Transparent
2. Z-test alpha to 129 or in the middle of slider.
3. Z alpha write in the special functionality, the last list in FSX material.
If it is rotational tree, it is impossible to do in FSX. It has to be crossing planes.
 
So it is an alpha channel issue, i was on the right path, just not too familiar with the full scope just yet.
 
So it is an alpha channel issue, i was on the right path, just not too familiar with the full scope just yet.

There is nothing wrong with the alpha channel actually, it just that fs2004 style mdl files using transparent textures don't work in fsx. The mdl needs to be updated to the fsx format. The texture can stay the same.
 
There is nothing wrong with the alpha channel actually, it just that fs2004 style mdl files using transparent textures don't work in fsx. The mdl needs to be updated to the fsx format. The texture can stay the same.

So its not the alpha. Ok im confused.
My understanding was the transparency was controlled by the alpha channel?
But its within the mdl file?

Is there a more detailed explanation out there covering this someone could point me to so I may learn more about it, as I am working on FS9 and X sceneries and will need to know this.
 
Back
Top