• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

v.122

Country
unitedstates
The new version does collect airports very fast. And it still collects my addons in Vista. But now when I write a FP between two of my addons, after entering the first leg, the save edits box does not become available. I can go no further. Between a stock and an addon is fine, but not two addons.

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, once an airport is in AirportList.dat, there is no way to tell whether it was a stock or add-on airport. So, the current problem must be due to some characteristic of the respective airports.

I assume if there were any error messges, you would have said so. So, would you please send me the AirportList.dat that contains the added airports and either the flight plan file or a screenshot of it.

Don

Country
unitedstates
Don

Sorry to come up with this strange stuff. Version 121 did not have this problem. I would not be at all surprised to find there is some conflict between my addon airports and FSX. Here are the things you requested. Again, if one airport is stock-no problem. If both are addon as in the screen shot...things stop right there.

Bob

edit..seems I can't upload a dat file.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Don

If I collect airports in v.121 than copy that dat file to v. 122, things work. I noticed that the file in v. 121 is 196 MB while the file size in v.122 is 199 MB. Is this because of the different compiling method?

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
when I write a FP between two of my addons, after entering the first leg, the save edits box does not become available
I can see form the screenshot you sent that distance/duration ETA has not been calculated. This is why the save button isn't enabled. Since the name of the airport is displayed beside the ICAO code, the airport has been saved to AirportList.dat. But, it would seem that some of the associated data is corrupt.

It would help if you sent me your AircraftList.dat. Please send it by e-mail to the address in the readme or user manual.

Don

Country
unitedstates
Don

I'm at work and not at my FSX computer,so I'll have to wait until I get home. But I do not think I have an AircraftList.dat file yet because I haven't finished and saved a flightplan yet using all v.122 components. If you want me to email the AirportList.dat, I can do that when I get home. As you can see from my screenshot, I'm using a stock aircraft. And as I said, if one of the airports in the flightplan is stock, then it works. Also, the v.121 airport file works in v.122, while the v.122 file does not. I can send you both airport files if you like. Starting to get a headache;)

Bob

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, I've found a problem in 1.22 that accounts for the distance/duration/eta not being calculated. However, to be sure it is the same problem you are experiencing, please do send me the AircraftList.dat files.

Don