• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Water not aligned with polygon

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I am finding that the Water effect does not align with the polygon for which it is enabled. In the scenery that I am working on, the effect seems to be offset to the South by 2-3 meters. Anyone else observe this, or am I doing something wrong with my Water polygons?

Actually, I tried a couple more experiments and am even more confused. In another scenery, the Water effect seems to be shifted North rather than South. And the actual shape of the effect does not match the polygon. I tried a simple rectangular polygon, but the Water effect had severely rounded off corners and strange protrusions. Is there a trick to creating Water effects that actually match the polygons they are based on?

Country
canada
I have found that where the polygon lines seems to be on the screen isn't always where it actually is. they can end up looking like they are left or right by a lot. best thin i've found to combat that is to press ctrl+space to get a top down view, or simply adjusting the polygon so the water looks right, regardless of what the polygon looks like.

I know what you mean about things not looking lined up when viewed from different angles. But I always work in top down view, and the water effect is not even the same shape as the polygon. For now, I can fudge things to get effect I want. But it adds a lot of extra work, and I worry that I’ll just have to redo it all if the current problem is due to a bug that Asobo fixes in a future update.

Country
france
I believe it's a bug, I've been experiencing it too, especcially those ditches you may find here and there between runways and/or taxiways.

Actually, it is not a terraforming issue. Just place a Water polygon on a surface and carefully inspect the resulting edges of the water reflections. They don't match.