• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX What conflicts with what?

Messages
35
Country
australia
Hi again,

Having been told I can't share terrain that uses Google images (and to overcome a lot of image work.. lol), I've started adding terrain polys, but they seem to conflict with earlier work.

Earlier, I added individual trees in ADE (which remain), then I used Annotator to add tree regions.

I started adding terrain polys and some of my tree regions disappeared. So I removed the files from the texture folder, went into FSX and deleted the airport I'd created, saved and let it rebuild. Then I added the airport back in and saved. (That's worked in the past, when removing the texture files.)

FSX should now only have the ground image, the airport and buildings, and trees added in ADE. But at least one major ground poly isn't showing. I can't figure out what it's conflicting with. The only things beneath it is the ground image and a flatten layer. You can see that the ground image shows, but not the terrain poly.

Here's the ADE view, followed by a slewed view (which I highlighted in red):

20pgdk.jpg

2akbkfq.jpg


Your help would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Andrew
 
Hi,

You can't combine photorealistic scenery and the terrain polygons. When you have photorealistic scenery present the terrain polygons will not be shown anymore.
 
Using a blend mask will still suppress autogen. If you want autogen, you should use a null value.
 
Thanks guys!
I removed the photo-real and ended up in a jungle.. lol.
Now to get to work with more terrain polys.
Thanks again, much appreciated.
 
Quote: "Using a blend mask will still suppress autogen. If you want autogen, you should use a null value."unquote.
True but then the autogen of the landclass would show up:).
 
Back
Top