• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

What program can I use to relocate a static ship?

Country
greece
I would like to relocate the SOH donationware Bismarck, some aircraft carriers from
the CARRIERS 2006 by Javier Fernandez, Richard Hogan, and R. A. Baum.
at flightsim.com and even the Alphasim CVN-65 USS ENTERPRISE carriers and in general static ships of various types.

I want to relocate most in the Aegean Sea--plus some other seas.

In FSX, would I need other programs to relocate static carriers or ships or the same ones that will work for fs9?

Any help would be appreciated,

Nick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

To relocate scenery objects you would need to make an exclude to remove the old placement and then generate a new placement with bglcomp or an tool like instant scenery.

Country
greece
Arno,

I want to keep the original location(s) and relocate the ship(s) to new ones elsewhere. Can that be done?

(In any case, I cannot make an exclude--how is that made?)

Do you mean the bgl comp innsidee the fs9 SDK?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you want to keep the original locations you can skip the exclude, and just make another placement BGL that places the models at the new location as well.

Country
us-massachusetts
Thanks

Where is bglcomp found?
You need to download the SDK for the simulator. FS2004 and FSX have their own SDK. The fs2004 one was downloaded online and the FSX one I believe is on the disk version of FSX acceleration pack.

Country
us-virginia
The solutions provided by my esteemed colleagues are right on the mark. They will work swimmingly. (get it…ships and swimmingly) ;)

You will need to install the FSX SDX.

That said, I'm more of a GUI kind of guy. :cool: If I were to place static ships that were already in BGL format, I would use SBuilderX to place them. True, you would need to add the ships to the SBuilderX library - I believe there are instructions for that. If they are in MDL format, I like Arno's BGL library maker. Simple and powerful.

Being a former Navy guy, I like boats ships that move. I use AI Boat Traffic Compiler (AIBTC) - a freeware app that you use along with GoogleEarth to plot a ships movements, speed and schedule. Once you get the hand of the schedule part, it is very easy to use. Just a thought.