• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Where's the Documentation?

Arrrggg. Wasted too much time on this already.

Does anyone know where the Prepar3d document is located?

The FSX one is easy to find, it's in SDK folder and called fsxsdk.chm but I can't find the one in the Prepar3d sdk folder. I've done this before and last time it was a bugger to find too. Problem is I've forgetton where it was.

EDIT: Finally found it. It's included in the Prepar3d learning centre document that comes with p3d.

The Prepar3d sdk documentation manual can be found in

c:\program files(x86)\lockheed martin\Prepar3d v3\learning centre.chm

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
You can also view it online. The link is located in the same place where the SDK download link is under the P3D community tab.

Edit, the one online will contain any recent updates that may not be on the download.

Hi all:

Just to clarify for folks who also use P3D v1.4x SDK for FSX SDK compatible content generation, the "Learning Center" path is:

[Prepar3D v1.4x SDK install path]\LC\LearningCenter.exe

IIUC, for P3D v3.x SDK docs, the default install path is (as posted above):

c:\program files(x86)\lockheed martin\Prepar3d v3\learning centre.chm

Hope this helps folks who develop for "both" platform versions ! :)

GaryGB

Another important note, is that because the SDK docs are in the Prepa3D folder, you should make a copy of it if, like me, you let your developer license slip and uninstalled V2 but kept the SDK. I guess I lost the docs for V2 now. But now I've installed V3 so I've got the V3 docs back (I assume they have all the info for V2 included).

I'm just going to copy the learning centre.chm over to the SDK folder so I don't accidentally lose the docs again.