• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
We used to have a wish for ADE but it got very long and with limited time to work on the program things got lost. I am aware that folks are spending more time with the program recently - probably due to Covid 19. So for a limited time I am creating a new wishlist. Please add requests for ADE updates here. I make no promises that every (or any) request will be implemented. However I will do my best to incorporate your good ideas into future updates.

Please add your requests in this thread. Please make them clear and short, Please don't engage in discussion of suggestions - this is only going to make it harder for me to keep track. Thanks :)

Hi Jon
First thank for all the work you do for us simmers. I use ADE daily adding missing airports to P3D.

When adding a background image to ADE for me it is a bit time consuming to have to enter the top left to bottom right coordinates, even if I use "copy paste" from xml file.
Would be happy if ADE somehow could read those coordinates itself from the .kml file (I use Notepad to get those numbers to paste into ADE)

Kind regards and happy Easter and stay healthy to all

Alex, LSZH

Attachments

• background image.PNG
    background image.PNG
    95.2 KB · Views: 466
Jon there is a second wish

from a Helper Shape ability to use a new function maybe called "make terrain polygon" analogue to already existing "make apron"
Like that it will be possible to make for example a rectangular terrain polygon (to flatten, exclude, landclass etc.)

Thnaks again
Regards

Alex, LSZH

Attachments

• make polygon.PNG
    make polygon.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 420
Country
australia
Just A little one.

Change the Ils hold short Button to A Not visible hold short.

Thanks For the GREAT job
Regards Frank

Country
israel
Short list:
- connect two lines (guide, taxiways, apron ways,...) by dragging one end over the other.
- delete a line point letting the segments connected to a new one.
- delete a segment only by selecting the segment. Delete only what is selected.
- Snap to guide lines.
Thanx!

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
No he is not. He wants the button to place ILS hold short nodes to be changed to a button for invisible hold short nodes.

Country
unitedstates
Memory draw line with centerline ,solid, dashed, no-line, light on/off. Please make memory toggle on or off when first attempt I select and then memory same my selected when drawing taxi or path same the patterns. I hate this currently when I select no line and later I draw it comes back line and I had to select turn off line repeat and repeat drawing scenery airport. It's pain in the neck! Please stay memory after I select drawing repeat the same remain my pattern drawings.

Thanks,

Stuart

Country
italy
Hi everybody,
please add extra decimal to heading selection of guidelines and markers, as well as helper shapes.
It should be possible to select the same decimals as for runway heading.
Making parallel taxiways when runway heading is for example 068,16500° is a pain without precise heading on the red guides.
Thanks!

Country
italy
Hi Jon
First thank for all the work you do for us simmers. I use ADE daily adding missing airports to P3D.

When adding a background image to ADE for me it is a bit time consuming to have to enter the top left to bottom right coordinates, even if I use "copy paste" from xml file.
Would be happy if ADE somehow could read those coordinates itself from the .kml file (I use Notepad to get those numbers to paste into ADE)

Kind regards and happy Easter and stay healthy to all

Alex, LSZH
about this Jon,

I would like to have the possibility to freely adjust the photography in the background, a bit like doing with AFX.
I would be better off

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
What do you mean by "freely adjust"? If you select the background image (gets a red X on top of it), you can drag it to any place you like. And if you right click and choose Edit Object, once you check the Keep Proportions box (if desired, I do it) you can change the size of the image to anything you want.

Country
unitedstates
display more of the runway markings.. i always forget what alternate touchdown, alternate precision, etc. actually look like

Country
israel
What do you mean by "freely adjust"? If you select the background image (gets a red X on top of it), you can drag it to any place you like. And if you right click and choose Edit Object, once you check the Keep Proportions box (if desired, I do it) you can change the size of the image to anything you want.
Tom,
What he means is set the image size and location without the "Edit Object" window. When selected, set one point "fix" and grab other point to size. Click and drag. Set a fix and size... And so on. It is really easier.
F.

Status
Not open for further replies.