Hi,
I am currently working on a free new weather engine for FSX.
My intention is to depict the real weather (as reported in METAR) in a way that it also looks good and immersive. Thus, the reports are not taken for granted but enhanced, smoothed and modified according to a convincing visualization in FSX.
Currently I am using simconnect to create (SimConnect_WeatherCreateStation) and inject (SimConnect_WeatherSetObservation) the weather into the sim.
Although it works OK, you probably know what difficulties and unpleasent side-effects this technique have.
Thats why I want to try out the weather-theme based injection like it is done with the latest commercial weather engines.
The problem I have: I do not know how to read or even create the necessary *.WTB theme file...
Does somebody know how to do it?
I am aware of the FS2004 SDK to create these files, but I have nothing found about the actual *.WTB file format.
Many thanks!
Robert
P.S. Some examples:
I am currently working on a free new weather engine for FSX.
My intention is to depict the real weather (as reported in METAR) in a way that it also looks good and immersive. Thus, the reports are not taken for granted but enhanced, smoothed and modified according to a convincing visualization in FSX.
Currently I am using simconnect to create (SimConnect_WeatherCreateStation) and inject (SimConnect_WeatherSetObservation) the weather into the sim.
Although it works OK, you probably know what difficulties and unpleasent side-effects this technique have.
Thats why I want to try out the weather-theme based injection like it is done with the latest commercial weather engines.
The problem I have: I do not know how to read or even create the necessary *.WTB theme file...
Does somebody know how to do it?
I am aware of the FS2004 SDK to create these files, but I have nothing found about the actual *.WTB file format.
Many thanks!
Robert
P.S. Some examples:
