- Messages
- 8
- Country

Hi All,
I have a bucket load of P3D scenery files (XML's) that I wish to perform a very specific set of operations on:
1. FIND all nodes of (sceneryObject) that have an "alt" attribute set to a specific number.
2. Delete all the nodes found containing the specific "alt" number.
There are potentially thousands of nodes to delete, so hand editing is out of the question.
I have some programming experience in C and Python and was leaning towards implementing something in one of those languages. However, I have little experience with XML.
I thought I would check with the community for recommendations on the easiest approach to the problem.
How would you guys approach this task?
Thanks,
Terry
I have a bucket load of P3D scenery files (XML's) that I wish to perform a very specific set of operations on:
1. FIND all nodes of (sceneryObject) that have an "alt" attribute set to a specific number.
2. Delete all the nodes found containing the specific "alt" number.
There are potentially thousands of nodes to delete, so hand editing is out of the question.
I have some programming experience in C and Python and was leaning towards implementing something in one of those languages. However, I have little experience with XML.
I thought I would check with the community for recommendations on the easiest approach to the problem.
How would you guys approach this task?
Thanks,
Terry
