• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Modelling PAPIs in P3D v4.5

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I don't recall "messing about" in that area of the code, but it didn't disappear all by itself. Martin, can I infer from your message that all is n ow well.?

Don

Country
germany
Not yet home to test, Don.

I will do later and report back. I will:

1. Copy the add-on.xml file manually to confirm the lights are on :)
2. Remove the Addon folder and compile again

Expectation is that all works as soon as the xml load things, and If we see another erro then we know that for whatever reasons the add-on.xml cann not be created / copied (don't know what you do there).

Stay tuned...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I think I've found the cause of the missing file. AFLT checks if the file Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-Ons\AFLT for P3D exists and, if so, assumes all the necessary support files are there. So, if you have deleted anything from that file, ALFT will not (until the next release) replace it.

Don

Country
germany
I am home now and will test that new release in the next hour, Don. Great support as always!

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
LecLightenng58. I am still unable to reproduce the exception. If it is still happening to you with 4.1.07, please click the Details button in the exception window and copy those details and send them to me so I can at least see where the exception is being triggered.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Don,

The exception has now been fixed (which I had been getting) but I am still getting a popup message which states 'Index is outside bounds of the array' when I compile the data. This is not an exception but simply a message (non-fatal, no details available). Either this can be ignored or there is something else amiss which does not appear to interfere with the compilation process.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I had that same message pop up once a little while ago. I did a cursory look for the cause but didn't even find where the message was programmed (AFLT includes 20,000+ lines of unique code plus about 10,00 lines of library code). I'll take another look.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have now done an exhaustive search of the AFLT code. AFLT does not explicitly raise this error message. Yet you are getting it and I have once (that I recall). So, somehow, AFLT is issuing the message. The text of the message is reporting an exception condition, but the form of the message indicates it is a managed exception (i.e. one that AFLT handles to some extent). There ore only two places in the AFLT code where this message could originate, i.e., importing data (which you didn't mention) and when AFLT attempts to determine if Flightsim is running. I'm guessing it is somehow related to the latter.

I have tried numerous times, with various data, to force the error. So far, no luck. If you (or any one else) know a way to reliably force the error, please zip up your entire AFLT folder and, as best you can, tell me how to do it.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Don't know if you are following the other thread. I have found and fixed the cause of the popup message which states 'Index is outside bounds …".

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Don for your tireless pursuit of fixing the code. All seems to be fine with the latest version which seems very slick and easy to use now.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks. Most of the problems we're finding now have to do with stock data - the addition of which was a maybe-nice-to-have afterthought on my part and, consequently, wasn't as well tested as the light creation code. But Tom is doing yeoman service in identifying the remaining issues.

We're almost "there".

Don