• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Version 4.2.00 Issues

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Just a quick one to start. I was moving a single taxiway light and when I released the mouse button I got this error:

Fortunately, I was able to determine from your post which particular light was involved, since I tried moving a number of others without a problem. I can duplicate the issue with that light. Don't know yet what's special about it, but I will soon.

Thanks for the report,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I tried to add a string of taxiway lights and got this error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at AFLT4.MainPanel.AddToLine()
at AFLT4.MainPanel.pbData_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can you give me a little more info please. Not sure what you mean by "add a string of taxiway lights "

Don​

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Sorry, I was indeed not clear at all.

1. Nothing selected.
2. Right click - Add Line of Lights
3. Select Edge, Blue, Very Sparse, 100 ft spacing.
4. Click Place Lights.
5. Click somewhere on the display, where you want to string of lights to extend.
6. No light appears.
7. Click directly on the original light created to try anything.
8. Error message appears.

If I double click the screen in step 7 instead, the regular cursor appears and only the original light is created.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
When I started a new Project and used my KSAN BGL file I uploaded above, I get no runway or approach lights, only taxiway lights. Those taxiway lights are looking very nice though. :)

I can add them manually and that works OK.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Re the crash on moving line, that's an old problem (well, a couple weeks old anyway.) Those are incorrectly-formatted apron-edge lights. Lines of lights created with AFLT should be OK.

I'll look at the missing runway lights issue now. It will be something small (I've been testing with a slightly-modified version of your file and all the lights appear with that file.)

New release shortly.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I've just uploaded version 4.2.01 to http://stuff4fs.com. Both issues, i.e., no runway lights and the crash on moving apron-edge lights are fixed.

The apron edge lights are still not right - moving one of them doubles the number of lights in the line. I'll address that i9n my upcoming leisure time.:cool:

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

LOL! All that leisure time.

When you delete a project with the parking spaces displayed, they are not cleared from the screen like the rest of the project.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
EDIT: I'm not sure they are doubled. They seem to revert to 22.86 ft spacing.

Those isolated lights that caused the crash are now strings of lights - good! One of them at KSAN (on the south side of the airport) looks like this:

aflt_string_before.jpg

but if I select the left light and move it to the left, I get this, as you mention above:

aflt_string_after.jpg

The spacing was changed to 22.86 ft (about 7 meters) during BGL load (BEFORE I moved the light), but that spacing did not display until I moved one light. The spacing displayed before that is the correct 100 ft. Changing the spacing of the line back to the 100 ft distance fixes it. Also, when I open the line parameters some lines also do not have a scenery complexity - the box is blank.

This phenomenon appears to happen only to the crashing strings of lights that you "fixed" in the this version. The lights placed along taxiway edges seem fine.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
When I select a line of taxiway lights, right click and choose Edit Line Parameters, and then click the red X to close the box, the line of lights are deleted. I assume the red X should close the box, but not delete the lights?

PS. This does not happen all the time, it varies. With some lines a warning box pops up, but with other lines not.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
At my KSAN, some taxiway lights now seem to be missing upon import:

aflt_missing_lights.jpg

The tooltip says the taxiway should have lights on the Left:

aflt_missing_lights_2.jpg

Then I selected the sections of taxiway that had the problem, right clicked and chose Edit Link Lighting (Left Edge was checked) and clicked Place Lights. No change.

Then I used Edit Link Lighting again and clicked the Right Edge box so both Left Edge and Right Edge were checked. Lights were added to the right side of a taxiway, but not the section that was selected! (red circle)

aflt_missing_lights_3.jpg

The tooltip still says the selected taxiway sections have lights only on the Left, even when the Edit Link Lighting box has both Left Edge and Right Edge boxes checked (but no lights are displayed).

The tooltip for all segments of this taxway say 5>20, so I am assuming that AFLT is treating this taxiway as a single section, even though I can select each piece individually. And that's why the right edge lights appear on the other parts of the taxiway. Somewhat confusing?

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Another part of my airport seems to have had lights added to apron routes that did not have lights in the BGL.

aflt_added_lights.jpg

All of this taxiway above (including the part without lights at the top of the image) are 282>29 in the tooltip, although there are several separate sections.

Thanks,

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

The Right click - Add Line of Lights problem I describe in post #3 is still there, but this time instead of getting nothing the + cursor never appears after clicking Place Lights, the regular cursor reappears instead. Thus I'm left with the single original light, not a string of lights.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The apron edge light issue has been there from the beginning. I just fixed the crash yesterday. The spacing is today's challenge.

Re the others, I was so happy to see the lights displayed this well that I never bothered to check for missing lights or, where the lights appeared to be intentional, whether or not they actually had been specified.

So much for leisure time. :mad:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I've found and fixed the causes of both the missing and the superfluous taxiway lights, but I'm struggling with the apron edge lights. So, I may not have an update today.

When I select a line of taxiway lights, right click and choose Edit Line Parameters, and then click the red X to close the box, the line of lights are deleted. I assume the red X should close the box, but not delete the lights?

PS. This does not happen all the time, it varies. With some lines a warning box pops up, but with other lines not.
I need more info, You should not have had an option to Edit Line Parameters. (You will in the next release.) So, it's not clear which lights you had selected.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Everything I mentioned above seems to be fixed, thanks. Nice job!

But there still seems to be an issue with apron lights. They are now created just fine, but when I try to drag one of the end lights of a certain segment (only the end point lights are selectable, which I assume is by design), the end light moves individually, not bringing the rest of the lights with it. So the middle lights are now fixed in place, with no way to move them except to move the entire line (i.e. all segments) at once.

BTW, this behavior is only with the apron light lines I create from scratch. The light strings created by reading the BGL file when creating a new project act as expected.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I notice that the strings of taxiway lights are indeed in much better shape, along with accurate taxiway numbering of the segments - great! There are now only a few extra lights generated, which will make it easier to create airports quickly. One location where an extra light is generated is at the top of every T intersection.

In the image below the selected light at the bottom (the T intersection issue mentioned above) was duplicated over the one above it, and the selected light at the top was duplicated at the end of the string on the light below it. This last error only occurs once in a while - this is the only such dupe at KSAN. There is a duplicate at every T intersection however. Other than these two situations I find no duplicated lights. Nice.

aflt_dupe_lights.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

1. Create a project, load a BGL file.
2. Create a new string of apron lights.
3. Delete Project, say yes to confirmation.
4. Create new Project

AFLT asks if you want to save the changes, which have been deleted.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

1. Load or Create a project.
2. Move a taxiway light.
3. Close the program.
4. This does not trigger a change message when closing AFLT.