• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3Dv5 ACM compatibility

Country
unitedstates
Now that P3Dv5 is released I would think ACM might not be compatible in its current state? Granted, I need to update my installers which include ACM. But I think (haven't tested yet), even if I install it manually it will not function correctly with P3Dv5? Maybe if I add it to the addon.xml manually?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

ACM will have to be updated to support P3D v5, at the moment it would not correctly detect that new version. At the moment I'm checking the impact of P3D v5 on my different tools and this ACM update is for sure one thing on my todo list for the coming period.

If you let P3D handle the merging by putting the local autogen definitions in your addon.xml file you don't need ACM of course. So then it does not matter.

Country
unitedstates
Excuse my ignorance but local autogen definitions now work? I thought that feature did not work? That would mean I no longer need ACM?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
In P3D v4 it already kind of worked, except that some bugs where reported with it. I don't know if that was fixed in v5, I guess time will tell.

Country
unitedstates
Yea, I will have to do some test. Maybe you know if I create a tree with its own textures there I could see that working with local definitions, but I use default trees and textures in a custom way like placement and groupings. I wonder if P3D would recognize me using their vegetation that way with a local definition?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If they merge things correctly it should not be an issue to only define new groupings and still use the default tree models. But then again, we don't know how it is handled internally.

Country
unitedstates
Thx for feedback. When you do get time to update ACM (no rush on my part), I'll throw her in and start testing different scenarios.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have attached a new build here. It should support P3D v5 as well. But since I don't have it installed here, I have not been able to test it yet.

Please use this as a beta build for now, only for testing, not for use in actual products yet.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And then probably gives me another little project after this weekend to fix some bugs :laughing:

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Arno, a couple of observations,

The ACM does not appear to install addon.xml, (I added it manually to get ACM to run) and it does not appear to read or write the _Legacy files. I have included a couple of logs
hope this helps

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 352

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks for the feedback. Let me check why it did not install via addon.xml.

For the legacy file I need to check. I thought there was support for that already.

Country
france
Hi Arno,

I installed the latest version of ACM yesterday and made a test. I have attached the log to that post so that you can take a look if that can help.

However I am not sure how the ORBX stuff is read and merged with the P3D v5 definitions and the FVFR ones (AGX64) ... it seems you found their definitions that are now located in a place called Orbx Libraries\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base.

The log says that ACM ignored these definitions because they are already declared. So my question is whether you still merge them with the other definitions or not ?

Thanks

Attachments

• AutogenConfigurationMerger.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 249

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

At the moment ACM will not merge a scenery which loads the autogen definitions via the add-on.xml file already. That is what you read in the log file.

There has been some discussion in the past if this behaviour is desired, since the default merging of P3D is not perfect. But I haven't changed that yet.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Attached is a new build, where I fixed the two bugs that were reported:
  • Legacy configuration files were indeed skipped for P3D v5, that has been fixed.
  • ACM installed itself in a add-on.xml in the P3D v4 folder, instead of the P3D v5 folder. That has been fixed.
Edit: attached file removed, as new official release is available by now.

Last edited:
Country
france
Arno thanks for your clarification here.

So if my understanding is correct all autogen definition files - if properly declared through add-on xml files - are recognized and used by P3D without the need to be merged into a single file ?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
That's at least the assumption I make now, but there is a thread that discusses P3D is buggy with merging.

So maybe I should change this behaviour.

Country
germany
That's at least the assumption I make now, but there is a thread that discusses P3D is buggy with merging.

So maybe I should change this behaviour.
Hi Arno,
I have currently two scenerys that load autogen via add-on.xml. ORBX and MK-Studios Fuerteventura.
MKS is above ORBX in the library.
If I have MKS active, the autogen for ORBX is missing.
If I deactivate MKS, autogen for ORBX is fine.
So for me the situation is, that LM has still not fixed merging of autogen via add-on.xml.

Please, can you upload a version of ACM, that merges also the add-on.xml for P3Dv5?

Thanks alot!