• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 20 Released

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Can you compare the project files from both versions? I'm suspecting the new MSFS version is at fault.

Country
australia
Yes I concur. I have an airport in Dev and the same in ADE and both show terminal default buildings as basically “buggered”. They’re now giant and then sometimes smaller, then big again. It’s been since the SU5
Check where my Gate sign is - should be on the end of the building. This time when I started MSFS, the building has shrunk....
1628050301763.png

and this one has grown
1628050430723.png

No point in moving the signs because the terminals keep changing size

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Building a project using alpha 20 results in missing default terminal building parts for an airport that builds without this problem using alpha 19. The same project file was used for both. See pictures below:

View attachment 75768View attachment 75769
alpha 19............................................................alpha 20

What caused this?
Not sure and this is done with the same version of the sim (the compilers are in the sim) How big is the project - can you send it to me?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes I concur. I have an airport in Dev and the same in ADE and both show terminal default buildings as basically “buggered”. They’re now giant and then sometimes smaller, then big again. It’s been since the SU5
Check where my Gate sign is - should be on the end of the building. This time when I started MSFS, the building has shrunk....
View attachment 75770
and this one has grown
View attachment 75771

No point in moving the signs because the terminals keep changing size

Do you think this is something to do with the compilers then?

Country
australia
Hi Jon. No I think it’s MSFS itself. Both versions of mine compile ok but each version I use in the Community folder have unexpected results with the Terminals. In addition, their Lat/Lon seems slightly off so when placing lines and points they seem to float left and right. In Dev mode, the airport ground breaks apart with levels of land lifting and falling. I sometimes have to quit and start again. I believe it’s SU5 and how they overlay.
I don’t believe this is an ADE issue nor the DEV mode compilers. The result is the same in both to me

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Jon. No I think it’s MSFS itself. Both versions of mine compile ok but each version I use in the Community folder have unexpected results with the Terminals. In addition, their Lat/Lon seems slightly off so when placing lines and points they seem to float left and right. In Dev mode, the airport ground breaks apart with levels of land lifting and falling. I sometimes have to quit and start again. I believe it’s SU5 and how they overlay.
I don’t believe this is an ADE issue nor the DEV mode compilers. The result is the same in both to me

Thanks Philip. SU5 is proving to be a nightmare. If any of you frequent the official MSFS forums you will see there is almost a riot going on. Sadly it has turned tribal with PC users blaming the XBox release for bombing performance (and who knows what else). Hopefully it will settle down

Country
australia
Actually, I think I may have found something in ADE20.... Regarde:

(This is two-way) The XML is straight from DEV and obviously, the same Apron in ADE. Notice:
Lat in ADE is rounding up
Lon in ADE is dropping the last 2 digits
Priority transposes as 10000003 yet I set them as 2 in DEV mode.... Why is that??? I cannot change the priority in ADE (that might just be me)

1628059754194.png

Could this be the tiny movement someone complained of?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Haven't changed the way ADE stores lat/lon values in many years. The priority might be a bug since I recall that number in the code. I will have to check. So setting priority to 2 in Dev Mode gets picked up by ADE as 1000.... ?

Country
australia
So setting priority to 2 in Dev Mode gets picked up by ADE as 1000.... ?
Actually that XML is the one from DEV so it's writing it there. I'm checking it again right now

In ADE this is set to priority 100000003 but the Asphalt shows grey
1628062308431.png

In DEV I'm changing the priority to 4 and it's written to XML as priority="1000000005" - that's strange. Anything greater than 1 is written this way it appears - Anyway, it shows as correct (Dark Asphalt top left)
1628062412124.png

Saved DEV project and reloaded ADE:
Priority = "5" !! and still wrong colour
1628062756600.png

So it seems that 2 = "1000000003" and 3 = "1000000004" and so on...

Last edited:
Country
australia
I’ve also found the reason why the terminals change height…. Well possibly
My airport now has a slope even though I have a flatten. Seems SU5 had decided to slope it as shown a few posts above

Country
unitedstates
Not sure and this is done with the same version of the sim (the compilers are in the sim) How big is the project - can you send it to me?
Resolved. I have two SDK folders, MSFS SDK and MSFS_SDK with the same date but with totally different contents (I don't know why), and the alpha 20 wizard picked the MSFS_SDK folder. My alpha 19 installation references the MSFS SDK folder. When I changed the folder to MSFS SDK in alpha 20 the project built with no issues. The missing terminal parts was the only thing I saw wrong with the other SDK folder reference in ADE.

Country
australia
OK - Seems if I put a Poly inside the terminal and make the Terraforming Falloff distance 1.0000 then the building returns a consistent height. It doesn't need to be the whole building footprint.

1628147493152.png