• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 AI won't show up

Yes- one AI. Last time I accidentally compiled two traffic files with 3 planes in each. Sorry.

screenshot2997.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
With three FPs in the traffic file under analysis - which is what your screenshot shows - you've already got 3 return legs (AIFP wouldn't compile without a closing leg in each case). I'm suggesting any more than one leg out and another back is likely to result in further confusion.

In your second post, is that the aircraft you programmed? If so, does this solve the mystery?

This is the file after I took out all the others. only one shows now.

but I believe that it is not the plane but the afcad or rather the area? My LFBM won't allow me to have any traffic to show. (I even tried a stock plane).

Moreover as I said much earlier, I created a bare-bones LFBM from the stock lfbm, activated it ( disabled my original LFBM with all its goodies) then added parking to accept this MIR4 or any other planes... still ... no show.
What would yu like me to do next? I will comply. Bob

Attachments

• Traffic_aurora_mir4.bgl
    491 bytes · Views: 19

gadgets

Resource contributor
I don't understand. In one sentence you say only one shows (you haven't yet said whether it the one that's supposed to) and in the next sentence you say "My LFBM won't allow me to show any traffic." Then you make the curious statement:
I believe that it is not the plane but the afcad or rather the area?
What's "or rather the area" intended to tell me. Are your aircraft somehow geographically restricted? If your airport doesn't trigger any errors in ADE's fault finder, then I can think of nothing that would prevent aircraft being displayed other that available parking - assuming the airports is active.

I thought we were chasing a problem whereby the wrong aircraft showed up. Now it seems to be a mysterious airport issue. We seem to be jumping from one issue to another. Please confirm whether or not eliminating extraneous traffic files solved the wrong-aircraft issue. As for your airport difficulties, i.e., no aircraft showing, maybe someone over in the ADE forum can help.

In the meantime, I'm still happy to assist. But I would like a reasonably clear statement as to what is the problem were trying to solve - something more specific than "AI won't show up."

I was not succinct. Upon testing it is evident that nothing shows up in LFBM. It took some doing to narrow this down. Any planes for which I write a FP show up were I want them to, but not LFBM. When I said "rather... area".... that was a guess on my part that somehow my FP's are not being accepted. AT first I did think it was this specific aircraft but such is not the case.

Did you see the copy of analysis? If not I will resend. Again, as for LFBM no traffic file of mine or anything else shows up. ... Even a single ai in a traffic file. Nothing.

I was not succinct. Upon testing it is evident that nothing shows up in LFBM. It took some doing to narrow this down. Any planes for which I write a FP show up were I want them to, but not LFBM. When I said "rather... area".... that was a guess on my part that somehow my FP's are not being accepted. AT first I did think it was this specific aircraft but such is not the case.

Did you see the copy of analysis? If not I will resend. Again, as for LFBM no traffic file of mine or anything else shows up. ... Even a single ai in a traffic file. Nothing.

In ADE, whilst you have your version of LFBM open, go to Tools menu and select "File priority Analyzer" and click on 'Scan' to see if you have various versions of this airport being loaded. Post an image of the results here please. I note that in FSX the stock version of this field does not have any parking spots and am wondering if you are not putting your compiled revised version in an appropriate place.

Again, as for LFBM no traffic file of mine or anything else shows up. ... Even a single ai in a traffic file. Nothing.
Have you tested it with the default Airport (LFBM)?
For me (P3Dv5) the default Airport (LFBM) works very well.

My test conditions:
Aircraft - default Maule...

AFCAD - default LFBM...
default P3D LFBM AFCAD.jpg

Flightplan - LFBM to LFCN and back...
Flightplan LFBM to LFCN.jpg

My test result:

Maule on the parking area...

Maule on the parking area.jpg

Maule in the final approach...
Maule in the final approach.jpg

Maule at touchdown
Maule at touchdown.jpg

Please test first only default airport and aircraft.

Also check the Scenery/World/Scenery folder in P3D.

Not that there is still an ALT file with changed altitude active to your created LFBM.
This ALT file is automatically saved by ADE in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder when you change the altitude at a default airport.

This ALT file must also be deactivated during the test.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Well, it's plain to see that while North America sleeps, the rest of the world carries on. And. it's good to have a more precise definition of the current issue, ie., no traffic at LFBM, and apparent confirmation that "wrong aircraft showing up" has been resolved. Presumably the latter was due to inadequate parking provisioning at the airports under test.

Jyarddog, I'm still suspicious that the current issue is due to your custom LFBM not being properly activated. While Bushpilot has noted that LFBM in PV5 has some parking, I have confirmed that LFBM in PV4 has none. Therefore, if your custom airport were not properly activated, what you see, i.e., no AI, is exactly what I would expect.

I don't know to what you are referring by "copy of analysis". But, if it's an AIFP Traffic and Parking Analysis, AIFP will analyse whatever airport you designate, irrespective of whether or not its properly activated.

I suggest you put a distinctive object in your custom LFBM, recompile it and view it in Flightsim. That will allow easy confirmation of whether you are looking at the custom version or the stock version of LFBM. If you are looking at the custom version, then please post your .ad4 file and a traffic file the will populate it. If however, you are looking at the stock version, then you already know what is the issue.

I am sure I activated lfbm correctly but I will make sure. The ADE suggestion from ray I will do. Yes- I , as mentioned above, made a default lfbm, activated it, and disabled mine. with no results. Wilco on the suggestions and will report back. Thank you.

Hey y'all I think things are fixed. I found three AI folders which I removed. (they may have been duplicates- I thought p3D warns if there are duplicate AI folders)

Anyway- I removed those and everything came back. I now have good AI's taxiing out and such. THEN I wrote another traffic file and used a known AI that works well. It showed up and started to taxi out as well.

Le me know if anyone might have seen something like this. AND THANX TO GADGETS AND OTHERS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. BOB

gadgets

Resource contributor
Glad it's fixed, Bob. It's unfortunate you weren't able to explore my concern about duplicate AI titles earlier. All you would have had to do it turn on the duplicate AI detection feature in AIFP.

I will remember t hat. When my friend and I reviewed our livery they didn't seem to be duplicates, but something looked odd to this untrained eye of mine. I thought P3d warns us about this if they exist, but then sometimes the warning does not appear or we don't pay attention to it until much later, usually the ltter. Again thanks for your help bob