• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AIFP 3320

Country
us-texas
Just downloaded new version. I have a problem with P3D4. See pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 160

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Gonna' need more information than that Jon. Do you have both FSX and PV$ installed? What did you have selected for your Target Version? What function were you executing when you made these screen shots (that dialog is called from about 10 different functions.)? What were you trying to do when this occurred? etc.

Country
us-texas
I have both FSX and P3D 4.5.13. Target Version is P3D 4.5.13 >Simobjects >Airplanes. Went to Aircraft > Add single aircraft >Choose by path > Prepar 3D v4 > Simobjects > Airplanes. Where drop down window reading Select Aircraft > There are no choices offered.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 175

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
John, please confirm there are aircraft folders in Simobjects/Airplanes and that that folder is registered in PV4's simObjects.cfg.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Since you haven't responded to my data request and since I can't duplicate the issue, I assume you have found whatever was the underlying cause of your problem and all is now well.

Country
us-texas
Been away for few days. Problem still exists in P3D.

Attachments

• P3D4.jpg
    P3D4.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 150

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Problem still exists in P3D
.No surprise there, I've been waiting for your response before delving into the issue, which I'll now do.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have no idea why this is happening to you. It doesn't happen to me.

So that you may troubleshoot the issue yourself, here's the logic. For each displayed folder:
if the folder itself is not classified as "System" of "Hidden", every sub-folder is examined. If at least one sub-folder is not classified as "System" or "Hidden" and contains an "Aircraft.cfg" file with a [General] section categorizing the simobject as "airplane" or "helicopter", the sub-folder is deemed to be an "aircraft folder" and the "+" sign will appear.

Please confirm that at least one of the folders in your Simobjects/Airplanes qualifies.

Country
italy
hi, just installed the new release 3.3.2.2 and have an issue when insert the elevation of new airports: when i insert an elevation without decimal numbers is all ok but if insert an elevation with decimals number AIFP change the elevation (i.e. inserting 150 M change in 150,00 and is ok, but inserting 150,5 M change in 1505,00 M).
Do u know why ?
Thanks for the help
PS: this issue there was with the previous 3.3.2.1 version also.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Paul, I am unable to duplicate. What are you using for a decimal point and what Language do you have selected?

Country
italy
here it is. comma
I had tried to change the decimal places also but nothing changes. or maybe I'm doing something wrong
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    58 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 162
Country
italy
attached is an example entering 304.88 M. comma or period the result does not change
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 3.png
    Screenshot 3.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 167
  • AirportList-Updates.txt
    54 bytes · Views: 138
Country
us-texas
Can I download the AIFP prior this new one? It worked perfectly. Where do I find the older version? Many thanks. Jon
By the way > I did not receive a notice of reply from you in my email this time. Hope this is not another fix by MS.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
By the way > I did not receive a notice of reply from you in my email this time
That seems to happen sometimes.

Can I download the AIFP prior this new one? It worked perfectly.
In my last post I sent you the logic for this function. Did you evaluate it and confirm that your system complied? I would rather you stayed with this release until we determine what is the underlying issue. But, if you insist, you can download prior releases with the link "http://stuff4fs.com/Applications/AIFP/Downloads/AIFPnnnn.zip" where "nnnn" is the release number without the periods. (You didn't state the release number of older version of interest.)

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Paul793, please check if the attached file resolves the airport elevation issue.

Attachments

• AIFP3322(a).zip
    440.9 KB · Views: 178

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
flynby, that update was not meant for you. It fixes the other issue reported in this thread. Please confirm you have evaluated on your system the logic I sent you a few days ago.

Country
us-texas
All of the sub-folders under the name Airplanes has a "Aircraft.cfg" file . No hidden or system folder. I copied and pasted the aircraft folders from FSX.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
What about the category?

If you select FSX as your Target Version does that folder expand?