• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AIFP 3320

Country
italy
Paul793, please check if the attached file resolves the airport elevation issue.

thank you gadgets ! unfortunately nothing has changed... for now i will reinstall the version 32221 which works very well, will try again with the next updates. if you will solve the issue please let me know. thanks

Country
us-texas
Just tried different approach in AIFP. Normally when I open the program, I select add single aircraft. I always choose by path. This time I tried by title > and was able to complete project. So what happened in the by path choice?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
flynby, that's helpful information. I'll investigate further.

Paul793, I'm at a loss to explain, but I will continue to investigate.

Both of you, what was the last release that did not exhibit these issues for you.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
So what happened in the by path choice/
Two entirely different processes:
- by Title - lists all the titles available from the installed aircraft list
- by Path - scans your system looking for folders that contain aircraft folders

If you don't get the same result with FSX, than it is highly unlikely that the PV4 folder is simply a copy of the FSX folder.

I will continue to investigate. But it would be helpful to know what was the last release that provided a different result.,

Country
italy
@gadgets
before upgrading to 3.3.2.1 version i was using 3.2.22.1 version and everything was fine. now I have reinstalled it.
Thanks for all

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Paul, I have tried every way I can conceive of to enter elevation and I have not yet found a way to duplicate the issue.

AIFP always returns the elevation with a "." as the decimal separator. The only thing I can imagine is happening is that with your particular language and regional settings, the "." is being interpreted as a grouping character and not a decimal separator. (For whatever reason, when I first developed the Airport Editor, I didn't spend a lot of effort making it language/region "transparent".)

What are your particular language and regional settings, please ? Have you tried using English as the language and the "Match Windows display language" regional setting? If not, please do so with the latest AIFP release and see if the problem persists. I suspect it will not. But if it does, please advise the exact sequence of keyboard operation after you enter the elevation.

I'm sure I can fix this. But until I identify the underlying issue (for which I need your help as prescribed above), I don't have a basis to make change.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
flynby, are there any standalone files in your \Airplanes folder? If so, please remove them temporarily (leaving only directories) and try again.

If that works, please zip up those files and send them to me.

Country
italy
@gadgets i attached the language setting of my win10 to pag1 of this discussion. but if this is the problem don't understand why everything works fine with the 3.2.22.1 version. Im sorry but don't want change the windows language to test just an application (windows is shit ...).
thank u very much

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
don't understand why everything works fine with the 3.2.22.1 version
PV5 airport compatibility was not a simple process. Most of the airport-related code had to be edited. So, the code in 3.3.x.x is quite different from 3.2.x.x.

I will rework that code once again, but it will be a few days before the result is available.

Country
italy
@gadgets
you were right ... changing the number format (period instead of comma as decimal separator) in windows regional settings, without changing the language, solves the problem. I had already done it but I was doing it with AIFP open ... I'm stupid.
Thanks for your help.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks. I'm going to take another crack at fixing it permanently in the next couple of days.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Paul, the attached includes a reworked Airport Editor in respect of elevation. Please give it a try and report back.

Attachments

• AIFP3322(b).zip
    441.1 KB · Views: 97
Country
us-texas
Don; can you move this paul793 into his on thread? Have you had any luck on my problem? Haven't received a reply if you have. Many thanks in advance.